Page 177 of 225 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2248
  1. #1761
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    450
    Like
    91
    Liked 267 Times in 139 Posts
    Tanak WANTED to leave. As long as Sebastian was staying, Ott was always going to be second fiddle. He wasn't content with that, so he will try to wrestle Toyota away from JML. And BTW, once again, Ford NEVER left WRC. They just scaled back their involvement after 2012.And, by the looks of it, they are now upping their commitment.

  2. #1762
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tholt-Y-Will
    Posts
    4,481
    Like
    962
    Liked 475 Times in 273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Good, glad I'm not the only one that's seen a bit of an over-reaction to this news.

    In essence we're talking about a four-letter word on an entry list. It doesn't suddenly mean Ford are 'back'. I don't know but I assume M-Sport could probably have called themselves this since 2013 if they'd chosen to?

    Seems like a nod from M-Sport to acknowledge that Ford Performance technical support which should help with updates. I guess you could call it an 'official return' - but it's not really is it. Don't get me wrong it's better than nothing, but it's baby steps.
    I agree with you; we only know Ford are back because of the FiA releasing the named Manufacturer entrants for the 2018 WRC season. There is absolutely nothing on their social media platforms, or press releases, etc
    Maybe there'll be more in a few weeks time at the Autosport show - but you'd have thought there would have been an announcement about their return.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

  3. #1763
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,114
    Like
    470
    Liked 1,865 Times in 772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    What is *this* you're referring to, use of name Ford in their business?
    Yes. Not their business, but the registered team name in the championship. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    My rally photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94998505@N03/albums

  4. #1764
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,295
    Like
    1,866
    Liked 4,204 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Whatever the extent of Ford's involvement, it was enough to make Ogier stay (at M-Sport and in the WRC) so it must be fairly substantial.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

  5. #1765
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    575
    Like
    3
    Liked 348 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Tanak WANTED to leave. As long as Sebastian was staying, Ott was always going to be second fiddle. He wasn't content with that, so he will try to wrestle Toyota away from JML. And BTW, once again, Ford NEVER left WRC. They just scaled back their involvement after 2012.And, by the looks of it, they are now upping their commitment.
    Main problem was the car. No. 1 got all the updates before him due to small budget. Something that wouldn`t or shouldn`t be a problem for Toyota.

  6. #1766
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,679
    Like
    22
    Liked 146 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Yes. Not their business, but the registered team name in the championship. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    Without explicit approval from Ford - I would say no.

  7. #1767
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    500
    Like
    0
    Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Main problem was the car. No. 1 got all the updates before him due to small budget. Something that wouldn`t or shouldn`t be a problem for Toyota.
    But still was nearly faster than him almost everywhere.. I think that money was cause to leave.

  8. #1768
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    575
    Like
    3
    Liked 348 Times in 185 Posts
    You can be faster...and det the updates one day. Money from Toyota was definitely tempting but as he said, not the main thing. Main thing was equal conditions and money to develop the car. He even said that M-Sport made him an offer that wasn`t too bad, but would`ve still meant No. 2.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 24th December 2017 at 09:03.

  9. #1769
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    500
    Like
    0
    Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    You can be faster...and det the updates one day. Money from Toyota was definitely tempting but as he said, not the main thing. Main thing was equal conditions and money to develop the car. He even said that M-Sport made him an offer that wasn`t too bad, but would`ve still meant No. 2.
    And what will he be in Toyota. Still number 2...

  10. #1770
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    575
    Like
    3
    Liked 348 Times in 185 Posts
    In terms of car upgrades due to budget issues, no. On the stages he is the boss...i hope.

  11. Likes: pantealex (27th December 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •