Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
Yep, I’m on the same line; with cars quite close and considering the level of the drivers today, it’s almost impossible to target the Manufacturer title with 2 «*true*» drivers. Serderidis or Bertelli half-time would change nothing to that, it was more a question about how test days works for privateers.
In 2019, Citroen said they will target it in addition to WDC (or at least that it was possible) but it was impossible.
M-Sport is quite honest on that point and on their situation, it’s logical. All on Tanak, a backed driver in the 2nd one and whatever client pays in the 3rd one but not as a manufacturer entry. And even for Loubet, I think he is here because they won’t be credible without a 2nd reasonable car and because they are forced to have a 2nd car everywhere by the regulation; else, they may even have not taken him if they could have.
Loubet also has some budget as far as I know, so he covers part of the cost and has some future potential so is a good fit for the 2nd nominated car.