Page 217 of 221 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2202
    Liked 126 Times in 59 Posts
    Any chance M-Sport could put DMACK tyres on Evans' car for the remaining gravel rounds. Not sure on the rules about nominating tyres, but he'd probably get a few decent results with a tyre advantage gamble.

Liked 8,587 Times in 3,951 Posts
    Ogier doesnt like it.

3. Likes: bluuford (2nd May 2018),cali (1st May 2018),Eli (30th April 2018),EstWRC (30th April 2018),focus206 (30th April 2018),janvanvurpa (1st May 2018),Micke_VOC (30th April 2018),Mirek (30th April 2018),pantealex (30th April 2018),steve.mandzij (30th April 2018),Timmy (30th April 2018)
    Liked 2,213 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Ogier doesnt like it.

Thats what happens when you cry all the time... nobody respects you no matter how good you are.... not even your employer.

There is only one Seb in rallying...
    The North Will Rise Again

Liked 298 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    Any chance M-Sport could put DMACK tyres on Evans' car for the remaining gravel rounds. Not sure on the rules about nominating tyres, but he'd probably get a few decent results with a tyre advantage gamble.
    They could, if their deal with Michelin allows that.

Liked 352 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    I doubt it would work. He was actually doing fine in Mexico until he crashed and Corsica was also okay considering he had to swap codrivers last minute.

I was pretty damn disappointed with him in Argentina but there might be a number of reasons for that.

Seb wasn't able to keep up with Neuville and Tanak who had similarly bad road positions on Friday, so I guess the Fiesta was not ideal for the roads there and/or the whole team couldn't find a good setup.

Maybe the crash in Mexico and Dan next to him in the car led him to be too careful.

Finally, yes maybe the feeling with the Michelins was vastly different to the DMacks of last year. However, Michelin surely supplies the best overall tyre so he best just gets used to it.

In the end he is there to collect points for the team, so results between 3rd and 6th are satisfactory, which he did achieve in the last two rallies. Sometimes staying out of trouble is the best way to go about business for a second driver.

Let's see how he gets on in the next couple of events. I'm not quite prepared to throw him under the bus yet.

Liked 1,775 Times in 816 Posts
    I can forgive Suninen Sweden because although he's Finnish, he hasn't done really any snow rallying in his life.
    I can forgive also Mexico because he didn't get to do the PET and the driving style there is different because of the altitude and less power. But even in those rallies, he could beat some drivers occasionally, whereas in Argentina he was constantly slowest, only beating Evans every now and then (and Sordo on SS2). Well, let's see how Portugal goes, at least he has done that rally before and there shouldn't be a climate effect on the engine.

Liked 1,775 Times in 816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post

Maybe the crash in Mexico and Dan next to him in the car led him to be too careful.

Finally, yes maybe the feeling with the Michelins was vastly different to the DMacks of last year. However, Michelin surely supplies the best overall tyre so he best just gets used to it.

In the end he is there to collect points for the team, so results between 3rd and 6th are satisfactory, which he did achieve in the last two rallies. Sometimes staying out of trouble is the best way to go about business for a second driver.

Let's see how he gets on in the next couple of events. I'm not quite prepared to throw him under the bus yet.
    He was also quite off the pace in Monte and Sweden. Well, in Monte he even had stage wins but also made some mistakes.

His pace is also disappointing, but personally I wasn't expecting him to be much quicker.

Liked 110 Times in 75 Posts
    That's why Malcolm was aware that manufacturer champion would be hard this year. And that he says that Suninen could be dropped if M-Sport have no chance of winning it again. He knows what he got behind the wheel of his cars and he know what they are capable of.

Liked 322 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    He was also quite off the pace in Monte and Sweden. Well, in Monte he even had stage wins but also made some mistakes.

His pace is also disappointing, but personally I wasn't expecting him to be much quicker.
    Back in 2015 I remember being much more on Evans' side than Tanak's side come the end of the season, what with his TDC podium and generally better results. Especially considering his quite spectacular 2017 I really expected more from from him, even though I was weary of how much the Dmacks really helped.

It's sad to see that he's been a total mess this year, especially in Sweden. Maybe even Ostberg would have been a better choice, seeing as he'd been second (or even leading?) Argentina last year in his private Fiesta.

Liked 352 Times in 174 Posts
    It's funny you should mention Østberg and Tanak along with Evans. For a long time they were really similar, being very fast some of the time but also really disappointing the rest of the time. Most drivers are like that for the first period of their career. I can still remember Loeb being pretty hopeless in certain events against Sainz, Solberg, Märtin and Grönholm.

The really good drivers find consitancy. Tanak certainly did last year, to a degree even in 2016. I figured Evans was one year behind Tanak in his development. Tanak and Evans are also similar with being good one season and then quite bad the next but as I mentioned Tanak broke the cycle and Evans hasn't it seems.

The thing is, even if Malcolm loses his patience, he can't really do anything about it this season for the lack of drivers with new car experience.