Page 106 of 525 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 5242
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    M Sport hasn't stop getting support from FoMoCo.Or you guys believe that Wilson found unreleased Fiesta chassis and designs falling down the sky at Cumbria.If they want to pay Ogier the salary he wants is a different kind of think but rest assured that those Fiestas are running the stages because Ford wants it.
    Nobody here thinks that. They get minor development support and a bit of pocket money for the ecoboost stickers but they are by far the poorest team. Ford is nowhere near as committed as any of the others.

https://www.rallye-magazin.de/index....ws%5Bday%5D=18

Ogier is willing to stay but he wants clarity about how the M-Sport operation is going to be run next year, specifically that they will have the dough to stay competitive and to pay him. Apparantly he wants to know by this summer (no specifics when that is) so he can sign a new contract with Ford or another team so he won't have to do last second pre-season preperations again.

Wilson says they are in contact with Ford Europe and the headquarters in North America yet they have yet failed to promise anything.

Reminds me of 2002 when they waited around until Sainz and McRae left and 2004 when they didn't confirm their backing and Märtin and Duval saw themselves forced to walk away.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Nobody here thinks that. They get minor development support and a bit of pocket money for the ecoboost stickers but they are by far the poorest team. Ford is nowhere near as committed as any of the others.
    That's true. But there's also a positive note on their side, there's no politics in their team. Just engineering and racing. They may have smaller resources but they use them optimally, there are no obstructions or distractions.

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    The fact that the new boss is into the development of autonomous cars, I cant see him being swayed into having Ford use WRC as a future promo tool. Hope I'm wrong.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Haven`t heard from Nasser in a while. Last info was, if i remember correctly that he is still planning to compete. Like Wilson said, Ford or some other big supporter, no difference.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Haven`t heard from Nasser in a while. Last info was, if i remember correctly that he is still planning to compete. Like Wilson said, Ford or some other big supporter, no difference.
    Al Attiyah?He just bought a brand new R5 Fiesta and will compete ERC Acropolis and the full MERC calendar.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Al Attiyah?He just bought a brand new R5 Fiesta and will compete ERC Acropolis and the full MERC calendar.
    Thanks, didn`t know that but i actually ment WRC. After the VW deal failed, there was a paus and maybe a month or two ago? there were new talks about another possible deal with one of the current teams.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 22nd May 2017 at 21:58.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    This post shows so little level of knowledge of either the sport or business it's embarrassing.
    What would it take for Ford to return officially? Why are the 3 others in it anyway?

To me, Hyundai is in it for the prestige and raise the level of its brand. Citroën for pride? Toyota,I have no clue! They seem to be bouncing in and out of motorsport disciplines with no clear purpose.

As for the Ford GT program, it seems to be run by nostalgics. Their financial situation still isn't that great.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctesibios View Post

As for the Ford GT program, it seems to be run by nostalgics. Their financial situation still isn't that great.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Their financial situation is horrible because their CEO talked constantly about electric and autonomous cars without any clue on what costumers want in their car TODAY!

That's why he is out of the door today, no one forgets he's conference about autonomous car where he clearly expected a reaction from the audience but no one cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    Their financial situation is horrible because their CEO talked constantly about electric and autonomous cars without any clue on what costumers want in their car TODAY!

That's why he is out of the door today, no one forgets he's conference about autonomous car where he clearly expected a reaction from the audience but no one cared.
    I'm sorry if I sound a bit daft here but I'm unaware of the politics in Ford's top branch.

They only just fired the previous CEO because he was too fixed on autonomous and electric cars and they replaced him with the head of the autonomous cars department? How is that going to help?