Page 216 of 221 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2202
    Liked 343 Times in 157 Posts

Ford Performance aero testing

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    A test was performed.
    There is no mention of any modifications / refinements being made by Foord Performance as a result of the test.
    I am struggling to see any reason they can claim (imply) some share in the Tour de Corse victory.
    What value was added by way of improvements ?
    Check my twitter feed @ https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan
    Growing old is a physiological certainty. Growing up is a psychological option.

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,104 Times in 2,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    A test was performed.
    There is no mention of any modifications / refinements being made by Foord Performance as a result of the test.
    I am struggling to see any reason they can claim (imply) some share in the Tour de Corse victory.
    What value was added by way of improvements ?
    They wouldnt give out any detailed info anyway.

But M-Sport have a good car already. If FP did find any aero improvements they would probably work best on tarmac (like Corsica) where there is more consistancy than on bumpy gravel.

Liked 343 Times in 157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    They wouldnt give out any detailed info anyway.

But M-Sport have a good car already. If FP did find any aero improvements they would probably work best on tarmac (like Corsica) where there is more consistancy than on bumpy gravel.
    Would not expect any specific details. I a just surprised we have not even seen any generic statements referring in broad terms to what changes or improvements were achieved/identified. Maybe something has been mentioned and I missed it perhaps
    Check my twitter feed @ https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan
    Growing old is a physiological certainty. Growing up is a psychological option.

Liked 1,778 Times in 817 Posts
    I think I heard on All Live that Suninen would be doing Rally Deutschland on a WRC car.

Anyway, super disappointed in his performance this year, not even decent stage times. He has to learn, yes, but seems like a shadow of his explosive pace in 2017 Poland and Finland or the steady results of WRC2

5. Likes: Allez Andruet (30th April 2018),pantealex (30th April 2018)
    Liked 345 Times in 198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think I heard on All Live that Suninen would be doing Rally Deutschland on a WRC car.

Anyway, super disappointed in his performance this year, not even decent stage times. He has to learn, yes, but seems like a shadow of his explosive pace in 2017 Poland and Finland or the steady results of WRC2
    Taking it steady, reminiscent of Evans in 2014 with the approach to get to the finish, which is ok enough. But indeed it would be nice to see him have a bit of a go at least.

Liked 348 Times in 170 Posts

There were weird rumors of Suninen doing Germany and also talks of Loeb for Citroen, but not sure of Breens and Khalid's schedule for Germany.

Liked 421 Times in 170 Posts

Yep, sure he has to learn and get the maximum mileage, but still... you just can't be the slowest of the WRCs (Al-Qassimi naturally exculded) all the time. It seems like he completely forgot how to drive a World Rally Car after Finland 2017. Especially if his program is in connection with M-Sport's chances to grab the Manu title. You would imagine that it'd make sense to score some points every now and then.

It's not the end of the world ofcourse, as the rallies which should suit him better are yet to come, but there's a valid reason to be worried nevertheless.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

9. Likes: AnttiL (30th April 2018),pantealex (30th April 2018),steve.mandzij (30th April 2018)
    Liked 2,553 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I may start thinking that Pontus was better choice to M-Sport than Evans

11. Likes: Micke_VOC (30th April 2018)
    Liked 300 Times in 158 Posts
    Well, at the time one had driven the car, had podiums, a close win in Argentina and a win in Wales, other was WRC2 champion yes, but...
    Needs to pick up his pace for sure, with most of the drivers available at the end of the season.

13. Likes: pantealex (30th April 2018),steve.mandzij (30th April 2018)
    Liked 3,663 Times in 1,577 Posts
    agreed about Suninen, i was just thinking the same past weekend. His first outings were great but where has the speed gone now?

We will see now if we come back to the european rounds which he knows better and should suit him better.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 30th April 2018 at 09:50.
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

15. Likes: AnttiL (30th April 2018),pantealex (30th April 2018),steve.mandzij (30th April 2018)