Page 206 of 523 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 5230
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    They are all RB athletes now. Others don`t use the livery (Bouffier for example).
    https://www.redbull.com/us-en/athlet...-suninen-rally

2. Likes: AnttiL (3rd February 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    In 2017 it was only Ogier's car that was RB sponsored and was probably just an extension of his person sponsorship. With Red Bull sponsoring both the main cars in 2018 and also the R5's of Sunnien and Camilli it seems that they have become more of an official team sponsor this year.

Ford Performance's facilities are now at M-Sport's disposal and it looks like a lot of upgrades to the WRC Fiesta will be coming soon. This is why Ogier needed Ford to 'come back', as the WRC Fiesta was basically running unchanged throughout 2017 while the other factory teams were already making changes.
    M-Sport build proper machine from the start, others start with garbage and then make upgrades to match it's rival

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    They all did, even Citroen, which is/ was not so universal unfortunately. M-sport made a rugid and universal car and gave it into the hands of capable drivers.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    In 2017 it was only Ogier's car that was RB sponsored and was probably just an extension of his person sponsorship. With Red Bull sponsoring both the main cars in 2018 and also the R5's of Sunnien and Camilli it seems that they have become more of an official team sponsor this year.

Ford Performance's facilities are now at M-Sport's disposal and it looks like a lot of upgrades to the WRC Fiesta will be coming soon. This is why Ogier needed Ford to 'come back', as the WRC Fiesta was basically running unchanged throughout 2017 while the other factory teams were already making changes.
    What experience and changes do you think Ford performance will bring to M-Sport? To be honest, I would maybe think they can possibly do something with the engine, but I can't see how they can bring technical assistance to the rest of the car. M-Sport are doing an incredible job and they have basically funded the Fiesta development through the sales of customer cars.

The way I see it, is that they are the experts, not ford performance.

Like I said, possibly the engine (as in Ford can blow as many up as they want testing and developing), but M-Sport shouldn't be underestimated, Eddie, they are the ones with the knowledge in this situation.

Ford will probably just help from a budget point of view and make it 'look' like they are responsible for some additional development, whereas it's probably their cash, not their technical input.

Just my opinion, but I can't see how they could just come into the WRC blind and 'bring' all this new technology. And don't forget, Ford trusted M-Sport to run the whole show when they were an official manufacturer...

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    What experience and changes do you think Ford performance will bring to M-Sport? To be honest, I would maybe think they can possibly do something with the engine, but I can't see how they can bring technical assistance to the rest of the car. M-Sport are doing an incredible job and they have basically funded the Fiesta development through the sales of customer cars.

The way I see it, is that they are the experts, not ford performance.

Like I said, possibly the engine (as in Ford can blow as many up as they want testing and developing), but M-Sport shouldn't be underestimated, Eddie, they are the ones with the knowledge in this situation.

Ford will probably just help from a budget point of view and make it 'look' like they are responsible for some additional development, whereas it's probably their cash, not their technical input.

Just my opinion, but I can't see how they could just come into the WRC blind and 'bring' all this new technology. And don't forget, Ford trusted M-Sport to run the whole show when they were an official manufacturer...
    Ford Performance have a lot of research facilities a their disposal such as windtunnels and computer simulations, currently mostly used for track car engineering (Ford GT WEC). I'm pretty sure the M-Sport boys know what they can make good use of and what is irrelevant to developping a rally car. They currently have the best of both worlds. But as all team managers have alredy stated, progress will not be dramatic. Everyone but Citroen already has a strong package and is close to what the regulations allow. Each team is basically just looking to eliminate their respective weeknesses.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think Ford Performance mostly brought the aero development side in addition to supplying budget, this was stated in an interview.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think Ford Performance mostly brought the aero development side in addition to supplying budget, this was stated in an interview.
    So not much (technical) then... interesting to see how the aero progresses.

Front of the car is the same, from what I can see and they have had a few months at least to make changes.

Haven’t had a good look at the rear spoiler, so I’m not sure if it’s any different.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    So not much (technical) then... interesting to see how the aero progresses.

Front of the car is the same, from what I can see and they have had a few months at least to make changes.

Haven’t had a good look at the rear spoiler, so I’m not sure if it’s any different.
    Pretty sure that it was also stated that no aero changes would happen in first few races

Liked 5,530 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Readed that Fiesta 2018 only in Mexico

Liked 9,311 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Wilson and Ogier have both made it clear that Ford Performance will help to improve and develop the Fiesta. It's not a case of Ford just providing money for M-Sport to do it. FP have a huge amount of technical facilities and expertise and a lot is transferable to a rally car.

12. Likes: pantealex (4th February 2018)