Page 218 of 523 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 5230
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    problem with paddon is he set the bar too low after his win in argentina, to me he thought this was the peak of his career, after that win he started to devote more on social media rather than his driving... like those little nobody youtubers.

He should have been more serious about that win and consider it as a step to improve further and not the top of his career, he cashed in far too early, now its late.
    Agree a bit. He has to work hard for reaching the top again. And he has not so many occasions to prove his abilities.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: pantealex (2nd May 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Paddon had two big crashes right after his Argentina win so it probably set him back as much as the win took him forwards.

Sometimes I also think it must be difficult to be a WRC driver from outside Europe. Paddon missed some PET's last year because he flew home inbetween two rallies and must be jet lagged all the time. And him doing the local events is probably still important for his local supporters.

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    problem with paddon is he set the bar too low after his win in argentina, to me he thought this was the peak of his career, after that win he started to devote more on social media rather than his driving... like those little nobody youtubers.

He should have been more serious about that win and consider it as a step to improve further and not the top of his career, he cashed in far too early, now its late.
    Agreed. Possibly Evans has the same problem. He had a strongish season last year and maybe he figured he had learnt a lot from Ogier and that easy will do it from now on in.

On a different note, Ogier stated himself (interview on wrc.com) that the lose sandy roads of Argentina were a weak spot of the Fiesta and that they need to improve in that area which would also put Evans' performance in perspective.

Ogier praised the car in Mexico and Evans was also strong until he crashed. It's probably a mixture of both the car not working in Argentina and Evans not going too hard in Mexico and too easy in Argentina.

The proof will be in the European gravel events.

Liked 9,308 Times in 4,936 Posts
    I watched a one-hour programme on Welsh TV following Evans prior to the new season. There was no doubting his dedication, training and sheer determination to compete at the top level. Plus the huge boost of the Rally GB win.

He couldnt be in a better position to show his speed in 2018.. and that he hasnt must be extremely frustrating and also baffling for him (and M.Wilson).

I think the rest of the season could well decide his future.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I watched a one-hour programme on Welsh TV following Evans prior to the new season. There was no doubting his dedication, training and sheer determination to compete at the top level. Plus the huge boost of the Rally GB win.

He couldnt be in a better position to show his speed in 2018.. and that he hasnt must be extremely frustrating and also baffling for him (and M.Wilson).

I think the rest of the season could well decide his future.
    his daddys pockets will decide the future...

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Today, M-Sport talked in University of Minho, Guimarães

Look Red Bull everywhere.

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (11th May 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts

Stern, but fair.

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Humm pic by ChristianWRC1

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (11th May 2018),Micke_VOC (10th May 2018),pantealex (9th May 2018),the sniper (8th May 2018)
    Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Humm pic by ChristianWRC1

Not a Block fan, but that is very nice 👌.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    The ST branding is really interesting. VW were about to rebrand the Polo as a GTi for 2017 before it got canned. I think if Ford were all the way back in (like they are with Block) then the current car would be known as Fiesta ST WRC.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia