Page 171 of 523 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 5230
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Local TV report on @MSportLtd's success this season speaking to company boss Malcolm Wilson about what it felt like to win the World Rally Championship and his plans for the future: https://t.co/iJyxEBuF4f
    Malcom Wilson on Tanak leaving: "Ideally we would have liked to retain him as well but when the time came around [to sort out hos future] we couldn't offer him what he was looking for."

McRae, Sainz, Märtin, Duval and now Tanak all lost because Ford HQ couldn't make up their minds before August/September when drivers want to put pen to paper. It's just ridiculous.

But hey I guess I shouldn't complain after winning both championships and keeping Ogier and Evans onboard.

2. Likes: Gregor-y (7th December 2017)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Malcom Wilson on Tanak leaving: "Ideally we would have liked to retain him as well but when the time came around [to sort out hos future] we couldn't offer him what he was looking for."

McRae, Sainz, Märtin, Duval and now Tanak all lost because Ford HQ couldn't make up their minds before August/September when drivers want to put pen to paper. It's just ridiculous.

But hey I guess I shouldn't complain after winning both championships and keeping Ogier and Evans onboard.
    They couldn't afford what Toyota were able to offer Tanak, but as there was still a chance to retain Ogier that had to be their priority.

And as it turned out Ford hasnt come back as a full factory team, so M-Sport couldn't have afforded both Ogier and Tanak after all...
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Wilson has also hinted (maybe during Wales?) that they weren`t in a position to offer him what he wanted THEN...maybe now they would have been. Tänak himself hasn`t said anything bad about M-Sport, even said that their offer wasn`t bad, but he can`t be no. 2 for long (mentioning that due to budget new updates came firstly on car no.1 etc).
    Last edited by Tarmop; 7th December 2017 at 17:17.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts

Red face

Solberg? Sorry. I could not resist.
    Last edited by Gregor-y; 7th December 2017 at 19:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Wilson has also hinted (maybe during Wales?) that they weren`t in a position to offer him what he wanted THEN...maybe now they would have been. Tänak himself hasn`t said anything bad about M-Sport, even said that their offer wasn`t bad, but he can`t be no. 2 for long (mentioning that due to budget new updates came firstly on car no.1 etc).
    Yeah I also understood it this way. Namely, that now with the backing they could afford OGI, TAN and EVA.

Tänak actually said before he signed for Toyota that he was torn and that he thought that the Fiesta was the only car that was fast everywhere.

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts

For all of these guys (except Sainz) , leaving Ford proved to be the downfall of their career...

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    For all of these guys (except Sainz) , leaving Ford proved to be the downfall of their career...
    Didn't help JML or Mikko either. Although Jari is in a decent place now having moved on from VW

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    forgot Solberg?

10. Likes: pantealex (8th December 2017)
    Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    forgot Solberg?
    For Solberg, leaving Ford worked mid term but in the long run, the uncompetitiveness of Subaru came back to bite him.

Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Didn't help JML or Mikko either. Although Jari is in a decent place now having moved on from VW

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Well they were both unlucky enough to have to endure the might of the Sebs.

13. Likes: pantealex (8th December 2017)