Page 171 of 173 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1728
    Liked 1,048 Times in 504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    https://www.talouselama.fi/uutiset/t...=ampparit:8f57

Sorry, it´s in Finnish. But actually it´s TMR which builds those Yaris.
    I understood that TGR buys the development from TMR but TGR is the official company entering the cars to the rallies.

2. Likes: pantealex (6th December 2017)
    Liked 590 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I understood that TGR buys the development from TMR but TGR is the official company entering the cars to the rallies.
    YES, but TMR does all the work.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,048 Times in 504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    YES, but TMR does all the work.
    Now, if we would have, let's say, Ford Performance WRT, which would buy the development and service from M-Sport, we'd have the similar situation.

5. Likes: pantealex (7th December 2017)
    Liked 399 Times in 231 Posts
    So improved technical backing now from Ford Performance - but still not 'officially' a Ford Manufacturer/ Works team; still M-Sport World Rally Team. Good that they will get improved technical backing, but slightly disappointing that it appears they're still not coming fully onboard.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 152 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    So improved technical backing now from Ford Performance - but still not 'officially' a Ford Manufacturer/ Works team; still M-Sport World Rally Team. Good that they will get improved technical backing, but slightly disappointing that it appears they're still not coming fully onboard.
    I think I read that Red Bull is investing quite a bit into the salaries of both Ogier and Evans. If both or all three cars will sport the RB livery next year it would be quite telling as to where the money comes from. Ford might just play a much bigger part in R&D but not necessarily in terms of financing M-Sport a great deal.

Anyway, if Ogier approves it must be a decent project.

M-Sport WRC Champions '17 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,507 Times in 1,892 Posts
    Local TV report on @MSportLtd's success this season speaking to company boss Malcolm Wilson about what it felt like to win the World Rally Championship and his plans for the future: http://www.itv.com/news/border/updat...bastien-ogier/
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 7th December 2017 at 17:00.

Liked 152 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Local TV report on @MSportLtd's success this season speaking to company boss Malcolm Wilson about what it felt like to win the World Rally Championship and his plans for the future: https://t.co/iJyxEBuF4f
    Malcom Wilson on Tanak leaving: "Ideally we would have liked to retain him as well but when the time came around [to sort out hos future] we couldn't offer him what he was looking for."

McRae, Sainz, Märtin, Duval and now Tanak all lost because Ford HQ couldn't make up their minds before August/September when drivers want to put pen to paper. It's just ridiculous.

But hey I guess I shouldn't complain after winning both championships and keeping Ogier and Evans onboard.

10. Likes: Gregor-y (7th December 2017)
    M-Sport WRC Champions '17 Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 3,507 Times in 1,892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Malcom Wilson on Tanak leaving: "Ideally we would have liked to retain him as well but when the time came around [to sort out hos future] we couldn't offer him what he was looking for."

McRae, Sainz, Märtin, Duval and now Tanak all lost because Ford HQ couldn't make up their minds before August/September when drivers want to put pen to paper. It's just ridiculous.

But hey I guess I shouldn't complain after winning both championships and keeping Ogier and Evans onboard.
    They couldn't afford what Toyota were able to offer Tanak, but as there was still a chance to retain Ogier that had to be their priority.

And as it turned out Ford hasnt come back as a full factory team, so M-Sport couldn't have afforded both Ogier and Tanak after all...
    The Incurable Enthusiast

Liked 140 Times in 70 Posts
    Wilson has also hinted (maybe during Wales?) that they weren`t in a position to offer him what he wanted THEN...maybe now they would have been. Tänak himself hasn`t said anything bad about M-Sport, even said that their offer wasn`t bad, but he can`t be no. 2 for long (mentioning that due to budget new updates came firstly on car no.1 etc).
    Last edited by Tarmop; 7th December 2017 at 17:17.

Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Solberg? Sorry. I could not resist.
    Last edited by Gregor-y; 7th December 2017 at 19:24.