Page 107 of 523 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 5230
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    They'll fire Ogier and win the championship with an autonomous car? Hiring Ogier was actually only to collect data of his driving style, which will be then fed into the driving computer

2. Likes: GravelBen (23rd May 2017),spark13 (3rd June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    They'll fire Ogier and win the championship with an autonomous car? Hiring Ogier was actually only to collect data of his driving style, which will be then fed into the driving computer
    Hahaha yeah something along these lines.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I'm sorry if I sound a bit daft here but I'm unaware of the politics in Ford's top branch.

They only just fired the previous CEO because he was too fixed on autonomous and electric cars and they replaced him with the head of the autonomous cars department? How is that going to help?
    Perhaps because Jim Hackett is still very focused on selling waht they have to offer today. In his first comments on the job he says the autonomous and electric strategy has to be completely rethinked and that shall take time. I think those are some strong comments from a man who clearly was very involved in that strategy before, just because he was the head of the autonomous department doesn't mean it's his solo focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    Perhaps because Jim Hackett is still very focused on selling waht they have to offer today. In his first comments on the job he says the autonomous and electric strategy has to be completely rethinked and that shall take time. I think those are some strong comments from a man who clearly was very involved in that strategy before, just because he was the head of the autonomous department doesn't mean it's his solo focus.
    So if anything the chances of them approving of a works WRC team have improved through the regime change?

So if anything the chances of them approving of a works WRC team have improved through the regime change?
    Atleast I think so, but the data about the effects of such investment on their sales only they know. It's hard to really know how much "bang for buck" they have in the WRC, seeing as they can easily spend a quarter of that on some other series. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Atleast I think so, but the data about the effects of such investment on their sales only they know. It's hard to really know how much "bang for buck" they have in the WRC, seeing as they can easily spend a quarter of that on some other series. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Alright, thank you very much for the insight.

Alright, thank you very much for the insight.
    Please, I do not have any "insight" , those are just my thoughts about what happened recently with what has been made publicly available in the news.

Please, I do not have any "insight" , those are just my thoughts about what happened recently with what has been made publicly available in the news.
    Well, yeah but I didn't have a clue about these guys and what they publically said.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I wonder if a Tanak or Evans win would also help convince Ford, making the success of the Fiesta and M-Sport not appear so reliant on Ogier ?

They are both coming close...

11. Likes: Andre Oliveira (23rd May 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Citroën Racing‏*@CitroenRacing May 21

Bravo @SebOgier, Julien and @MSportLtd ! A win at #RallyPortugal reminds us great memories from 2010! #WRC #TheVeryFirstOne #PortugalMasters

and Ogiers answer

Sébastien Ogier‏
    Verified account
    Merci!!
    #TheVeryFirstOne is one of those you never forget!!
    @rallydeportugal

13. Likes: A FONDO (23rd May 2017)