Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
What do people think will happen with Camilli next year? A quick look at my contract list shows that his initial deal with M-Sport is up at the end of this year. When he originally signed Malcolm said he had first option on Eric for 2018 - so it's all down to whether he wants to do that. And I don't think they'd bother if it's just another year in WRC2.

My gut feeling is that he'll be out unfortunately, but I hope he can somehow negotiate some events in a WRC next year. We saw some good things from Elfyn and Ott when they returned to the top level, but they at least had the security of one full season to show what they could do.
He still has limited rallying experience and seat time. I think ideally another full year in a R5 car would be best for him. Time is on his side. If he can then become dominant and a consistent winner then he'd be in to a good position to step up to a WRC car for 2019.

However he'll probably find it hard to get another two years budget together. Maybe the best bet would be for him to do the first 6/7 events next year in an R5 car, then try and get a handful of outings in a WRC car at the back end of the year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk