Page 126 of 523 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 5230
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    A bit of a gamble yes, if Fiesta would stay in the competition (development). He had this car made for him and that is what we see this season. It wasn`t made for Ogier and we can see that also.

But money is important, especially when you are a prof. sportsman and can`t keep on doing it forever. He has a family and their future to think about.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 8th September 2017 at 13:45.

Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    exactly, he cant drive forever for nothing.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: AndyRAC (8th September 2017),pantealex (8th September 2017),Simmi (8th September 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I'm hoping Tanak's long connection with M-Sport and their boss who has given him chances may mean he gives back some loyalty.

Being No.1 driver there should be a nice situation also.

Money may be his priority though.
    If remember correctly:
    -he was sidelined to R5
    -he got DMack WRC car and Camilli got Michelin WRC
    -Malcolm could not offer him No1 status unless he is sure that Seb leaves

Maybe Ott simply has no time to wait Ogier´s decision or do you believe that Toyota´s offer will be on table forever?

M-Sport fans should prepare for situation that both Sunnier and Tidemand are coming, maybe not for full season though.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Connection with Marko Martin is big too.
    -Toyota´s junior R5 program uses MMM-cars (MarkkoMärtinMotorsport)
    -TGR facilities in Estonia is same location than MMM
    -I would call Markko as Ott´s manager.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

6. Likes: Andre Oliveira (8th September 2017),cali (8th September 2017),EstWRC (8th September 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    exactly, he cant drive forever for nothing.
    Agreed. No point even to be world champion if you cannot provide a nice life for your family. It's a short and risky career as a rally driver.

Take the paycheck Ott no one will blame you. Except maybe Eddie
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

8. Likes: AndyRAC (8th September 2017),pantealex (10th September 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    From what I was told while at Finland and Germany (I was lucky enough to be a part of the Gazoo VIP in Germany) is that Toyota wants Ott over Ogier. I know a bunch of people are going to start getting all fired up over this, but it's what I was told. As I mentioned earlier, Ogier was not all that respectful with Tommi during his test and Tommi was not too fond of his attitude considering the circumstances. Seb wanted boat loads of cash and offered to help Toyota develop the car in return. Apparently this offended a few people at Toyota as it was clear the car was not at full potential and work was in progress. I also heard Seb's manager later contacted Toyota between Finland and Germany, but they (Toyota) did not care.

You also have to realize the Japanese-Finnish bond that takes place within the team. The Finnish (and Estonian) mindset is very similar to that of the Japanese. I don't forsee them bringing in anyone who is way in left field. Hence an all Finnish team currently. Ott or Suninen fit the bill for Toyota.

If four cars are the plan for next year you can bet your a$$ Hanninen will remain. If not, he will be replaced by Ott. If Ott stays at Ford, you might see Suninen, but as others have said he does not have the level of experience that Hannien has. Juho can be the points man like Sordo while Latvala and Lappi are going for title bids.

Each team will have someone new this year from what we all keep hearing. So that means someone will be going to Citroen whether it is Ogier or someone else.

This could all be bullshit as I'm not involved with the Toyota team in any way, but thought I was pass along what I was told. We will find out soon enough if it is true. Would be great

10. Likes: AnttiL (8th September 2017),pantealex (10th September 2017),sonnybobiche (10th September 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Agreed. No point even to be world champion if you cannot provide a nice life for your family. It's a short and risky career as a rally driver.
    Yes, but there is a huge ammount of risk involved in going to Toyota as well.

He has now shown he can win with the Fiesta at both surfaces and was involved with the car from the very start. For at least first half of 2018 Fiesta will be able to charge for wins even if development stops completely. Now imagine if he goes to Toyota with only 2 rally wins, the car does not suit him and he constantly ends behind Latvala and is also behind Lappi on every other rally (entirely possible). If this goes on during say 2 years of a contract who will hire him then? But yes you can argue that he could try to make enough money during those years.

Anyway not an easy choice by any means.

12. Likes: A FONDO (9th September 2017),Fast Eddie WRC (9th September 2017),pantealex (10th September 2017),WUff1 (9th September 2017)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Exactly, he can't drive forever for nothing.
    And why should he? He's now an elite sportsman - he should be paid, it's not a hobby.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

14. Likes: EstWRC (8th September 2017),pantealex (10th September 2017)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yes, but there is a huge ammount of risk involved in going to Toyota as well.

He has now shown he can win with the Fiesta at both surfaces and was involved with the car from the very start. For at least first half of 2018 Fiesta will be able to charge for wins even if development stops completely. Now imagine if he goes to Toyota with only 2 rally wins, the car does not suit him and he constantly ends behind Latvala and is also behind Lappi on every other rally (entirely possible). If this goes on during say 2 years of a contract who will hire him then? But yes you can argue that he could try to make enough money during those years.

Anyway not an easy choice by any means.
    Guy with Ott's passion and self-confidence shouldn't be afraid of his teammates even thought they might know the car little better. When there is paid factory seat open vs minimun paid M-sport seat you really shouldnt hesitate.
    I would bet that one of the Ott's biggest dreams is to become a world champion one day and it's way more likely to happen with Toyota in upcoming years without a bigger support from Ford to M-sport.

16. Likes: pantealex (10th September 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Martin did just that, went from event winning car to struggle at Peugeot. (obviously only 1 season to compare but still the change was clear).

If Ogier leaves I'd say Tanak should try to sign 1 year contract with some decent money at M-Sport... or min 3 year contract at Toyota. But it's not like you can pick exactly what you want.
    Last edited by mknight; 8th September 2017 at 21:03.