Page 424 of 525 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 5243
    Liked 140 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    Don't want to spoil the party, but this whole story came from the Solberg's trip to Monster and Oliver tweeting "exciting things coming soon".

That "exciting thing" is a podcast - the Monster UNLEASHED podcast. Sure, it doesn't mean the whole story has no substance at all, but I think somebody has over egged the pudding...
    I totally agree - there is no logic behind the private team in so short time; however, Oliver would benefit - he could build up his experience without any pressure. For Tanak - no way this would make any sense.

2. Likes: EstWRC (20th November 2022)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    I totally agree - there is no logic behind the private team in so short time; however, Oliver would benefit - he could build up his experience without any pressure. For Tanak - no way this would make any sense.
    It's not a private team, its 2 M-sport teams, with 2 different energydrinks as sponsors.
    If it happens.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

4. Likes: Rallyper (20th November 2022)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Are we enthusiastic about all this thanks to Loeb?

Without Loeb we maybe could think that M-Sport does not have competitive car and Breen actually is really good driver, just car is crap. Now, Loeb brought reality check for everyone. Speed wise and reliability wise - speed is (maybe) there, reliability (maybe) is not that well there.

6. Likes: AnttiL (20th November 2022),flat_right (21st November 2022),pantealex (22nd November 2022),Typ85 (20th November 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Loubet and Greensmith also had some very good times. Loubet even over many rallies.

But sure a lot is thanks to Loeb. Even more so given how he has struggled in the Hyundai.

Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Interesting comparision between the Puma and Hyundai WRC by Loubet:

"Another weak point of the current Rally1 car generation is the lack of front downforce, as the 2022 regulations forbid most of the parts included in the previous WRC car generation designed with that purpose. How teams are dealing with it?

For M-Sport driver Pierre Louis Loubet this doesn’t seem to be a problem at all: “There’s less front downforce, yes, but to speak about the front of the car is not only about the aero, as the philosophy of the Puma is that you have a very good front, I mean about the chassis. In a car like that, front downforce just helps on this side. In other cars that I have driven, when you don’t have a very good front, aerodynamics are very important, because you can compensate a lot with that. In the Puma I would say that the chassis does the job on the slow corners to turn, while on the Hyundai it was much more different, you feel that you need to push more to turn the car. At this moment the downforce can help, so you have to be very aggressive on the car. The Puma chassis doesn’t require so much support from the aero side”.
    https://www.wrcwings.tech/2022/10/31...agers-explain/

9. Likes: flat_right (21st November 2022),TWRC (21st November 2022)
    Liked 83 Times in 59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    Interesting comparision between the Puma and Hyundai WRC by Loubet:

"Another weak point of the current Rally1 car generation is the lack of front downforce, as the 2022 regulations forbid most of the parts included in the previous WRC car generation designed with that purpose. How teams are dealing with it?

For M-Sport driver Pierre Louis Loubet this doesn’t seem to be a problem at all: “There’s less front downforce, yes, but to speak about the front of the car is not only about the aero, as the philosophy of the Puma is that you have a very good front, I mean about the chassis. In a car like that, front downforce just helps on this side. In other cars that I have driven, when you don’t have a very good front, aerodynamics are very important, because you can compensate a lot with that. In the Puma I would say that the chassis does the job on the slow corners to turn, while on the Hyundai it was much more different, you feel that you need to push more to turn the car. At this moment the downforce can help, so you have to be very aggressive on the car. The Puma chassis doesn’t require so much support from the aero side”.
    https://www.wrcwings.tech/2022/10/31...agers-explain/
    Good point, so "easier" puma.

Who are the development's drivers for Msport?

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Breen was complaining both in Spain and Japan that the front tires overheat/get worn too easily ( due to too much grip??) and he has to try to be gentle with them.

Turned around it can be he was used to previous i20 (as described by Loubet) that required more aggressive push on front.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manthey View Post
    Who are the development's drivers for Msport?
    Matthew Wilson did much of the development testing for Puma Rally1.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Breen was complaining both in Spain and Japan that the front tires overheat/get worn too easily ( due to too much grip??) and he has to try to be gentle with them.

Turned around it can be he was used to previous i20 (as described by Loubet) that required more aggressive push on front.
    To me watching from outside, in tarmac trim at least, the Puma looks like it is very direct in initial turn in, but once it’s turning it has quite a bit of understeer.
    All the current cars understeer a bit in tarmac trim, I guess because no centre diff, but I would say the Puma is the most pronounced.
    Of course what I’m seeing might be wrong, and it’s actually the opposite in that they throw it in and then let it understeer as the front is too strong, but looking at the onboard inputs, I think it’s more likely the former.

Liked 9,369 Times in 4,982 Posts
    All of the i20's have been largely tailored to Neuville and his frequent use of the handbrake at all speeds to reduce understeer.

15. Likes: manthey (21st November 2022),pettersolberg29 (21st November 2022)