Page 493 of 525 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 5242
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Or it could be a single engine failure in Estonia and a freak incident in Finland like the one Huttunen had in the same rallye.

It's rallying, stuff happens.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Loubet also had an issue in Finland, immediately after service, which makes it look less random.
    He ran both passes of the non-PS stage in stage mode and on PS he complained that the engine was losing power trough the stage.

Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Loubet also had an issue in Finland, immediately after service, which makes it look less random.
    He ran both passes of the non-PS stage in stage mode and on PS he complained that the engine was losing power trough the stage.
    Also Tänak had to have engine replaced in Finland PET.

So seems like more than a coincidence to me

I checked and found the article

https://sport.postimees.ee/7821921/t...valja-vahetama

"Malcolm Wilson, the owner of M-Sport, confirmed to Postimeh that on Tuesday, Tänaku's car had a similar problem during the Finland rally test, and the machine had to have its power source replaced."
    Last edited by Rallyest; 8th August 2023 at 12:34.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    After Tanaks amazing win in Finland last year in the i20, I heard many comments that he drove the doors off it and the car probably disintegrated shortly after the last stage.

Maybe that's his style now and he drives a car as hard as it can be driven and if it breaks it breaks.

I wonder if all his cars faults and unreliability going back to his Toyota days, through Hyundai, and now M-Sport, have one common denominator...

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    After Tanaks amazing win in Finland last year in the i20, I heard many comments that he drove the doors off it and the car probably disintegrated shortly after the last stage.

Maybe that's his style now and he drives a car as hard as it can be driven and if it breaks it breaks.

I wonder if all his cars faults and unreliability going back to his Toyota days, through Hyundai, and now M-Sport, have one common denominator...
    it isnt his style, he said right after the Finland to Dirtfish he just drove like that cause there was no other way but he cant do it on other rallies and doesnt want to

dont make up your own BS
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    it isnt his style, he said right after the Finland to Dirtfish he just drove like that cause there was no other way but he cant do it on other rallies and doesnt want to

dont make up your own BS
    I didn't see that. What did he mean by 'he just drove like that' ? Like what, flat out and win or break the car trying ?

TBH I dont blame him as his frustration must be massive by now, after the years wasted not challenging for the title.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 8th August 2023 at 14:02.

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts

You're quite silly, because now Loubet also has reliability issues and doesn't drive it as hard as Tanak for sure. Plus, in the Toyota days it was also all drivers with issues whenever they struck Ott as well, so it was a car problem.

Being a fan is fine but don't kid yourself, it's okay to recognize that the Puma is no longer up to the challenge of it's rivals.

8. Likes: cali (8th August 2023),EstWRC (8th August 2023)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    I didn't see that. What did he mean by 'he just drove like that' ? Like what, flat out and win or break the car trying ?

TBH I dont blame him as his frustration must be massive by now, after the years wasted not challenging for the title.
    Before the 2022 Finland event just a day before the start his wife got very sick and checked into the Hospital in Estonia. Ott wanted to forfeit the rally but his wife urged him to continue and he had a different state of mind after that. He went absolutely mad on this event but this style isn't sustainable and he said that already during the rally back then.

Sent from my CPH2493 using Tapatalk

10. Likes: EstWRC (8th August 2023),TWRC (9th August 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    You're quite silly, because now Loubet also has reliability issues and doesn't drive it as hard as Tanak for sure. Plus, in the Toyota days it was also all drivers with issues whenever they struck Ott as well, so it was a car problem.

Being a fan is fine but don't kid yourself, it's okay to recognize that the Puma is no longer up to the challenge of it's rivals.
    You don't know how demanding Loubet is for a car. Slowish =! gentle to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyest View Post
    Also Tänak had to have engine replaced in Finland PET.

So seems like more than a coincidence to me

I checked and found the article

https://sport.postimees.ee/7821921/t...valja-vahetama

"Malcolm Wilson, the owner of M-Sport, confirmed to Postimeh that on Tuesday, Tänaku's car had a similar problem during the Finland rally test, and the machine had to have its power source replaced."
    The issue in Finland PET was like Estonia?