Threaded View

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Wilson and Ogier have both made it clear that Ford Performance will help to improve and develop the Fiesta. It's not a case of Ford just providing money for M-Sport to do it. FP have a huge amount of technical facilities and expertise and a lot is transferable to a rally car.
    Like I said above, I think you are underestimating M-Sport, Eddie. I'm not entirely convinced that Ford's performance department does have that many skills that M-Sport doesn't already have.

Wilson and Ogier, I guess, will have to say that Ford are contributing from a technical POV, but M-sport created the car as it is and I think Ford could learn from them, not the other way around.

Maybe I see Ford Performance as more of a sponsor, rather than a development partner.

Still a win-win situation for both parties.

Not entirely sure, but what contribution do Toyota make to the development of the Yaris? (I don't think it's a great deal) and that car has seen great success, considering it's age and the short history of Makkinen's operation, which runs it.

I guess time will tell though and it will become more apparent, one way or the other as the season unfolds.

Eddie, on another note; any idea where I can find spectator info for the Malcolm Wilson rally? Cheers.
    Last edited by T16; 4th February 2018 at 14:00.

2. Likes: A FONDO (4th February 2018),Rally Power (5th February 2018)