Page 179 of 525 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 5242
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Surely Lotos can provide funding?
    Is Lotos interested in promoting on the WRC countries?

Also, M-Sport not having a permanent third driver should not have an effect on available cars for paying drivers. Look at this year, they had many fourth cars.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Maybe M-Sport will subsidise the third car so suitable drivers don't have to find the full budget? Bouffier on Monte, Mads in Sweden etc.

M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Maybe M-Sport will subsidise the third car so suitable drivers don't have to find the full budget? Bouffier on Monte, Mads in Sweden etc.
    Would make more sense to support Suninen and Camilli do half seasons for developing into M-Sport's future permanent drivers.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I would not say he is not fast enough. He simply has zero experience with WRC events and that's something You can't gain in a weekend. Anyway he is too old to give him let's say two seasons to gain experience.
    I should elaborate when I say what I perceive as 'the third car situation'. It's starting to look like that seat won't be allocated on talent/future prospects alone, or Suninen and Camilli would surely already be confirmed to split it between them at least. Maybe the third car this year will be used by M-Sport as a promotional vehicle for 'customers'. So you could be looking at Bouffier in Monte, Mads in Sweden, Kremer in Germany, Kajto somewhere else, with Suninen and Camilli getting in on rounds where there are no other takers?

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Is Lotos interested in promoting on the WRC countries?
    Certainly not all of them. But I imagine any WRC round gets more media coverage in Poland than any ERC round, other than perhaps the one taking place in Poland itself? Which would get more media attention in Poland, winning an ERC round abroad or debuting in a 2018 WR Car and doing a couple of rounds in the top class? I don't know, but it might make sense to them.
    Last edited by the sniper; 26th December 2017 at 21:26.

M-Sport Ford World Rally Teams

It's starting to look like that seat won't be allocated on talent/future prospects alone, or Suninen and Camilli would surely already be confirmed to split it between them at least. Maybe the third car this year will be used by M-Sport as a promotional vehicle for 'customers'. So you could be looking at Bouffier in Monte, Mads in Sweden, Kremer in Germany, Kajto somewhere else, with Suninen and Camilli getting in on rounds where there are no other takers?
    My guess is that Camilli/Suninen was the initial plan but Camilli didn't get funding for Monte in time, thus leaving the seat open. Otherwise Bouffier would have just been the fourth car. I'm surprised if Teemu isn't there in Sweden.

But I imagine any WRC round gets more media coverage in Poland than any ERC round, other than perhaps the one taking place in Poland itself? .
    Also is more expensive, probably worth 3 ERC R5 rallies

6. Likes: mArvAlcao17 (27th December 2017)
    Liked 3,296 Times in 1,735 Posts
    Looking at how this thrid car situation is going, can anyone else see Kajetan Kajetanowicz doing a few rounds in the third car this season? He's basically done everything he can in the ERC. Surely Lotos can provide funding?
    On the one hand - I'm afraid Kajetanowicz is not fast enough for WRC, plus he has zero experience at this level, plus he is already a little too old (38).

On the other hand - Bouffier, Breen and Lefebvre got their chances at WRC level and Kajetanowicz proved many times that he is a better driver than they are, so why not?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

8. Likes: WRC1 (26th December 2017)
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    On the other hand - Bouffier, Breen and Lefebvre got their chances at WRC level and Kajetanowicz proved many times that he is a better driver than they are, so why not?
    When did Kajto prove he was better driver than Bouffier? Sorry, that's complete nonsense.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: Allez Andruet (27th December 2017),Andre Oliveira (27th December 2017),steve.mandzij (28th December 2017)
    Liked 3,296 Times in 1,735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    When did Kajto prove he was better driver than Bouffier? Sorry, that's complete nonsense.
    Maybe here?
    https://www.fiaerc.com/season/2017/?...on-erc-drivers
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    8 starts against 4. Points per start 19,5/21 for Bouffier. Direct fights 2/2. Wins per start 12,5%/50% for Bouffier. SS wins per start 2,5/2,75 for Bouffier. So how did You come to a conclusion that Kajto is much better?

... (and Bouffier won on Kajto's home soil).
    Last edited by Mirek; 27th December 2017 at 00:53.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: Allez Andruet (27th December 2017),AnttiL (27th December 2017),cali (28th December 2017),leighton323 (27th December 2017)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    maybe some finnish guys here can shed some light why Suninen isnt doing a full season? Is it because of the budget or inexperience?

I think it is right to put him to an R5 for Monte but from Sweden onwards he should participate on every round with a WRC machine.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -