Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Not only is he 'extremely sorry', nor does he deny anything. I don't mean to suggest any guilt on his part, but I do find it interesting.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    apparently he wanted to pour his champagne in Lux's face after they both got loud at eachother, but he missed and glassed him instead :-/

Rennfahrer Sutil vor Gericht: "Ich wollte nicht, dass das passiert" - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Sport
    Bei dem Versuch, Lux Champagner ins Gesicht zu schütten, habe Sutil ihn mit dem Glas am Hals getroffen. Die Wunde unterhalb des linken Ohres musste mit mehreren Stichen genäht werden. Lux hat eine Narbe am Hals zurückbehalten. "Es sind da zwei Alphamännchen aneinandergeraten, die sich verbal beharkt haben", sagte Sutils Anwalt Jürgen Wessing, der auf Freispruch plädieren wird.
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    F1 drives apologises in court for glass attack - ABC Grandstand Sport (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Sutil said Lux rejected his overtures but that they had discussed an out-of-court settlement in which the driver said Lux had made "strange offers" involving "a lot of money" and a hiatus from Formula One.
    "He threatened me with 'destroying' me and ensuring that I go to prison for a long time," Sutil said.
    Lux denied seeking advantage for Renault from the incident.
    Q o what do you make of this ?
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Not only is he 'extremely sorry', nor does he deny anything. I don't mean to suggest any guilt on his part, but I do find it interesting.
    Well, it is hard to imagine a F1 driver risking his career by trying to glass someone. I just can't imagine what would cause him to do that. Saying that, I find Sutil's version of events to be very implausible but, again, from a clip in a newspaper article it just is impossible to judge what really happened. We will probably not get all of the facts. Plus, if a trip to Luxembourg and a face to face apology woudl have sorted this all out, it makes one wonder why Sutil simply didn't do that. If he did, he'd probably have a drive for this season instead of now facing a year on the sidelines, unless he gets the final HRT seat or perhaps Trulli's Caterham seat, both which would be a serious step backwards in his F1 career.

Nicely worded article. Denying seeking an advantage for Renault from the incident is not at all the same as denying threatening to destroy Sutil's career, prison time or get him to take a hiatus from F1. It really wouldnt' surprise me if all the above was true. F1 is a business full of egos.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    BBC are reporting an 18 month suspended sentence has been given to Sutil
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Sutil gets 18-month suspended sentence for brawl - Yahoo! Eurosport
    Former Force IndiaFormula One driver Adrian Sutil was found guilty of bodily harm by a Munich court on Tuesday and given an 18-month suspended sentence and 200,000 euro fine for a night club brawl in China last year.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

I figured that he would avoid time in prison. Good for him. Now he can get back to concentrating on his dwindling racing career.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u