Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    After the end of the season we have been discussing about Sutil deserving to stay in F1, but I guess a potential criminal conviction has made it really difficult for the teams to commit to him. And from that point of view it can be understood, why he will probably be left jobless.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ordinarily, one would expect that if you glass someone in a public place, wherever you may be, you'll end up in a cell at the local nick while the circumstances are investigated. Given that he wasn't, and that Mr Lux has only just gotten round to bringing charges at the end of one/start of a new season, suggests the intention is to ruin a career. We will see if the case gets thrown out.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Saw that. I'd wager that if he is found guilty that it could be the end of his F1 career. It'll be hard for him to find a seat again. I doubt he'll get a jail sentence but you'd never know.

I am quite surprised that a German court had jurisdiction for something that happened in China though whether he be a German citizen or not.
    Yes the legal systems worldwide are quite frighting - But nonetheless this guy is fcked.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    although if your rumour is true, Roamy, he should do well in prison...now, where's that bar of soap?....
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Ordinarily, one would expect that if you glass someone in a public place, wherever you may be, you'll end up in a cell at the local nick while the circumstances are investigated. Given that he wasn't, and that Mr Lux has only just gotten round to bringing charges at the end of one/start of a new season, suggests the intention is to ruin a career. We will see if the case gets thrown out.
    Court proceedings take time, it doesnt take one day. There is no intention to ruin career, but of course he wants The Slasher punished. I am sure Sutil will be found guilty, but he won't do any time.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    F1 : Hamilton summoned to Munich bar room brawl trial of Formula 1 racer Sutil
    "We have a video where it can be seen clearly that this was not Adrian attacking or intentionally hurting someone," he said.

"We expect an acquittal, or at worst a conviction for negligent injury. But that would not jeopardise his career," insisted Zimmermann.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope this goes well for him.

Incidentally, I completely missed the Verstappen sent to prison story - what did he do this time?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    I hope this goes well for him.

Incidentally, I completely missed the Verstappen sent to prison story - what did he do this time?!?
    Verstappen arrested, charged with attempted murder | F1 News | Jan 2012 | Crash.Net
    Verstappen has been charged with attempted murder following an altercation with an ex-girlfriend
    reports claim that he struck a 24-year old ex-girlfriend with his car, leaving her with 'heavy bruises and abrasions', before fleeing the scene.

Lewis Hamilton unable testify in trial of Adrian Sutil on Jan 30 - Telegraph
    Hamilton never received a formal request to testify and that his lawyer voluntarily contacted the judge in question to say that, while Hamilton was happy to co-operate, he had other engagements in the run-up to the launch of McLaren’s new challenger on Feb 1.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    I think the relevant provision is § 7 (2) of the German penal code, which gives Germany jurisdiction if a punishable offence has been committed by a German citizen abroad, if said offence is also punishable in the country where it has been committed.

The reason for this is that Germany does not usually extradite its citizens to other countries.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.