Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    The judge has not heard any of Hamilton's testimony, because he has not given any.
    The judge leaves it up to the prosecution, and defense to provide it under oath.
    Hamilton slipped through a rather large crack because his council was able to get an excuse for him.
    He may not have had to say anything in the court unless he was called to the witness stand. But if he wasn't excused it is only because of a belief that he would show up, because Sutil and him are such good bro's.
    What would be the correct term for being asked to come , if it wasn't "summons" , or "subpeona" ?

He needed to be excused , so there must have been a formal "ask" .

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    subˇpoeˇna/səˈpēnə/
    Noun:
    A writ ordering a person to attend a court: "they were all under subpoena to appear".

summons:
    The paper that tells a defendant that he or she is being sued and asserts the power of the court to hear and determine the case. A form of legal process that commands the defendant to appear before the court on a specific day and to answer the complaint made by the plaintiff.

The summons is the document that officially starts a lawsuit. It must be in a form prescribed by the law governing procedure in the court involved, and it must be properly served on, or delivered to, the defendant. If the prescribed formalities are not observed, the court lacks authority to hear the dispute
    As the definition says a summons is for a law suit. So technically subpoena should be the correct term.
    However I don't know what the hell they are calling this case. Not that I know, but the mealy mouthed invitations may have something to do with an arrangement that I have no clue about. Something provided for international criminal trials under the guidelines of the European Union.
    Sorry I can't help you out anymore than this.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Break time guys
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life