Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    Don't know REAL reasons but remember Ketomaa saying that it was really hard with new car and friday's stages that were not so representative finnish roads.

Remember also Latvala had problems with speed on friday that he was able to solve trough setup changes. Not so easy task for privateer that has covered 100 km's in the car.

One thing I really like Ketomaa is his self confidence in all his doing. Sometimes comments are bold but as he's a fast driver they are not unrealistic.

OT: Lack of ability to market yourself (and maybe little self confidence) is the one reason I am afraid the future could turn out not too bright for Hänninen. I really respect him as a driver but I hate watching the interviews where Juho is saying something like "we are sitting at home as we know that if some team wants us they can give us a call..."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vkangas
    Initially Dmack offered a deal only for Sweden (full funding) but Ketomaa managed to get a package of five rallies with the help of his personal supporters including Harkimo and Grönholm besides the old ones.

Ketomaa's target is to drive well and attract more funding to be able to do more rallies in the later season and get a factory contract for 2013.

He will drive in Autotek Motorsport's team.

In finnish: JARI KETOMAA AJAA VIISI RALLIN MM-OSAKILPAILUA - Ralli.net
    It could be interesting to see who he approaches for a factory drive in 2013; all the main teams look book up unless he knows something the media does not.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Don't know REAL reasons but remember Ketomaa saying that it was really hard with new car and friday's stages that were not so representative finnish roads.

Remember also Latvala had problems with speed on friday that he was able to solve trough setup changes. Not so easy task for privateer that has covered 100 km's in the car.

One thing I really like Ketomaa is his self confidence in all his doing. Sometimes comments are bold but as he's a fast driver they are not unrealistic.

OT: Lack of ability to market yourself (and maybe little self confidence) is the one reason I am afraid the future could turn out not too bright for Hänninen. I really respect him as a driver but I hate watching the interviews where Juho is saying something like "we are sitting at home as we know that if some team wants us they can give us a call..."
    Exactly

I very much like Ketomaa's style. Bold words yes but with a blink in his eye. Hänninen's character unfortunately is from the same camp as Gardemeister.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    With all this hype around Ketomaa's personality and ability to market himself, remind me again who is driving for factory Škoda and who is sitting at home?
    I actually like Hänninen's personality, always straight forward and no BS from him.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    With all this hype around Ketomaa's personality and ability to market himself, remind me again who is driving for factory Škoda and who is sitting at home?
    I actually like Hänninen's personality, always straight forward and no BS from him.

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Very true also.

My point was that when approaching teams Hanninen could do a little more. Generally in interviews he is nice guy and in finnish atleast has also funny comments.

The thing I am afraid is that Hänninen is not getting anywhere after Skoda contract ends as there are so few teams.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You are right. It doesn't seem like there will be any room for Juho H at VW in the short term.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    One down, four to go. What a farce was Dmack's conquest on Swedish snow. What I do know is that Ketomaa is not a quitter. It must have been hard from him to withdraw from the rally. Shame really because with proper tyres, he might have fought places 3-5. I truly TRULY hope those tyres give him a chance to show what he got on gravel. Otherwise it's waste deal and another year lost.....
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    which places?????

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very true also.

My point was that when approaching teams Hanninen could do a little more.
    For instance what can a driver with a contract do, who exactly should he approach?
    Aja kovaa Pena.