Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Goodbye and good riddance North One

I don't post on the forums anymore for various reasons, but I thought I'd post this.

Eurosport set to become World Rally Championship promoter as North One's Qatar deal falls through - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com

North One is dead. For god knows how many years they've screwed the WRC over with dismal coverage and now they're finally dead and buried.

Some person North One source said: "It's unbelievable. We have come so close to landing this. The deal was on the table and, believe me, it would have been by far and away the best thing for for us and would have allowed us to further devalue the World Rally Championship for many years to come
    When will people realise that these sort of companies go out of business because they do a poor job. This isn't the credit crunch, it's not Islamic militants or even the coriolis effect, this is some people who were rather disconnected from the audience and were making a product that many didn't want and kept on doing it for many years not realising the mistakes they were making.

Together with the ineptitude of the FIA, North One are responsible for the downfall of the WRC and I think with Mini and VW throwing their hats into the ring, we could be in for some good seasons.

Goodbye and good riddance, you won't be missed, don't let the door hit you on the way out etc etc etc.

Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    North One also did the ITV F1 coverage.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    North One also did the ITV F1 coverage.
    Which woz crap. North One fully deserve to be out of business, the F1 coverage was only watchable when ITV were doing it in the UK because FOM supply the feed. If it were North One doing it there'd be one camera covering the whole circuit.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

MJW
    Only good thing from North One was the timing, splits and stage times. Also the tracking was good, ok that was only for teams but I heared they intended to extend that to the public in 2012

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    North ones coverage was sub par for sure...it is a pity all these people are without a job but you get what you deserve.

I really hope Eurosport lands the deal, the guys there are true professionals and they know how to cover sports.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Only good thing from North One was the timing, splits and stage times. Also the tracking was good, ok that was only for teams but I heared they intended to extend that to the public in 2012
    ... which the IRC and many club rallies in Europe do routinely. You can get live times now for even small rallies - IRC and even some smaller rallies have trackers. This is a function of the equipment suppliers not North One in my opinion.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really liked last years IRC coverage on Eurosport, if i can get WRC and IRC on Eurosport this year i would be really happy! i really don't care who is in charge, as long as its good coverage! thats is really what we all want.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Now we can enjoy WRC in peace.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    When will people realise that these sort of companies go out of business because they do a poor job.
    No, they went out of business because Vladimir Antonov got himself arrested and they couldn't find a new investor in time. Antonov bought the company that controlled NOS, and it went into receivership when the London police caught up with him.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well this Vladimir Antonov thing is the final blow for NorthOne in any case.

I have to agree with Daniels. The shows they put on were really boring, but there were some improvements recently. There were lots of free contents on YouTube which gathered many views, the Power Stage which I liked, and big improvement of onboard footages. But promotion of the actual events are costly. Even most of those YouTube viewers are never going to see the rally and with the lack of free to air, unlike BBC for F1 (not counting OneHD which is Australia). But atleast not as bad compared to "FOM", with races like Istanbul losing millions due to zero promotion by Bernie, and not even allowing F1 footages on YouTube.

I personally feel its more due to the FIA for not giving WRC more attention and the manufacturers to keeping the cost of sport so expensive, simply lack of manufacturers and variety of national drivers.

I'm not excited that EuroSport does it now, especially their previous WRC coverages were boring. But they did do a decent job with their own created IRC series and its live coverages are great. So maybe they'll bring something new for the fans.

I only feel bad for the employees who will lose their job, I hope they can find a new job with the new promoter. I certainly wants to see Becs and Colin around. Also what will happen to wrc.com and youtube.com/wrc and WRC Radio? I hope the new promoter retains those features especially the live splits.

This is funny, a Norwegian tv station asked me to provide a preupload version of Marcus Gronholm funny moments video to them because NorthOne couldn't provide the materials in time. I refused a signed photo of Marcus because stating I did not create the materials which is copyright by NorthOne. I regretted deleting my Youtube account so the video isn't there anymore.