Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts

BTCC Media Day 2012

Just seen that the Media day will be held at Silverstone on March the 19th

BTCC :: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's great! Ignore the people that say the public are not allowed in until the afternoon.

Last year I went. Got there early. Straight in. Walked through one of the garages (no security) right out into the pit lane. I even got onto the circuit when they did the driver photographs. I got to speak to some of the drivers..

Same again this time I think.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

With any luck they'll clamp down on it this year, last year was ridiculous. Fair enough, be a fan but imagine if you had a load of people stood round you taking pictures while you're at work trying to do your job.

Be sensible, pitlanes are dangerous places and they only become more dangerous as the number of people in them increases.
    The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last year was ridiculous. But in reality, It happens every year!

You are right, they just meander along getting in the way of you trying to do your job.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But they're massive friends with the drivers on Twitter and speak to them every day. They have a right to access all areas!

(Yes I was being sarcastic)
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You are right, they just meander along getting in the way of you trying to do your job.[/QUOTE]

It is a pain having extra people about getting in the way but the worst thing is that one day somebody will get hurt because of it.

Didn't realise twitter was an AAA pass, just thinking of some useful places I could wangle myself into
    The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ripper
    You are right, they just meander along getting in the way of you trying to do your job.
    It is a pain having extra people about getting in the way but the worst thing is that one day somebody will get hurt because of it.[/QUOTE]

That's why they've cordoned off the paddock at Knockhill now when any touring car movement is going on. It was getting ridiculous a few years back. People fail to realise that they're getting in the way of team members just trying to do their job. The chief mechanic of WSR got really peed off with them a few years back and who can blame him.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys,

I've never been to the BTCC media day before. Do you have to apply to attend?

Ignore the people that say the public are not allowed in until the afternoon.
    I know this suggests that anyone can turn up but I don't want to get there and be turned away.

Thanks in advance

Wes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think details of exactly when the public are allowed in have been released yet, but it's normally just the afternoon (when you can just turn up and walk straight in). You may get in during the morning as tisme did previously, but there is the chance that you will get turned away in the morning if you are't media or with a team and that they have clamped down on when and where you can go this year.

As far as how easy they give out media accreditation for the morning would probably be best answered on here by someone like PDS.
    liveries.batracer.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the response

I shall wait with baited breath for any further info