Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornbugger
    wow, can we all be moderators?

In our little rally forum in USA called Rally Anarchy - Don't Panic everybody is a moderator as soon as they make one post.
    We have so many moderators that we need ways to distinguish them, like who outranks who if you are a "Super Moderator" and the other one is a "Mega Moderator"? So I came up with another idea (yes the make everybody a moderator was my brilliant idea) so my friend who runs the place made a little program so each time you post you're randomly a new type of moderator. This time maybe a Junior moderator, next time a Mega, next time an "Infallible Moderator"

So we're all special.

Want to be a moderator, just sign up and say hi!

One rule at that forum: you can have some silly screen name like "Subie-bugger-er" but your real full name and real location must be in the signature or under the cutsie name...

Works amazingly well.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    In our little rally forum in USA called Rally Anarchy - Don't Panic everybody is a moderator as soon as they make one post.
    We have so many moderators that we need ways to distinguish them, like who outranks who if you are a "Super Moderator" and the other one is a "Mega Moderator"? So I came up with another idea (yes the make everybody a moderator was my brilliant idea) so my friend who runs the place made a little program so each time you post you're randomly a new type of moderator. This time maybe a Junior moderator, next time a Mega, next time an "Infallible Moderator"

So we're all special.

Want to be a moderator, just sign up and say hi!

One rule at that forum: you can have some silly screen name like "Subie-bugger-er" but your real full name and real location must be in the signature or under the cutsie name...

Works amazingly well.

I used to a moderator of one big car forum some six or seven years a go and it was horrible. I would never do it again despite rallyforum is very calm and pleasant place to stay compared to that one. I must admit one of the reasons why it was so bad was my age. I was only something like twenty and to do this a man shall have some ability to rise above which comes mostly with growing experience.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Brother John
    Its good to have a moderator who is a 100% rally fan!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Then things like this wont happen -
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/1...tml#post995362
    To some poor bloke who made his own blog.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    To be fair that guy was using the forum to get free advertising. If it hadn't have been Christmas I'd have probably deleted the posts and banned him. But I was feeling generous
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    To be fair that guy was using the forum to get free advertising. If it hadn't have been Christmas I'd have probably deleted the posts and banned him. But I was feeling generous
    Fair game

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    As I've mentioned before on this forum "to say the most with the fewest possible words" requires that anyone who reads what is written, try to read between the lines and understand irony.
    The one who I think do this well, is NOT, though I do not always agree with him, I think I understand what HE means.
    Compared with other forums, I think there is very little BS here.
    But one thing I miss sometimes, as Brother John mentions, feel free to criticize what I (someone) write, but tell me (them) why.
    I think many people have very strong opinions (sometimes), but justifying them with very few words.
    Otherwise, I would like to thank everyone who write here, congratulations with the best rally forum I know of.

PS. Of course, I think it is a part BS on the forum, but some may think what I write is BS too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    I used to a moderator of one big car forum some six or seven years a go and it was horrible. I would never do it again despite rallyforum is very calm and pleasant place to stay compared to that one. I must admit one of the reasons why it was so bad was my age. I was only something like twenty and to do this a man shall have some ability to rise above which comes mostly with growing experience.
    +1 I totally agree.

I have had similar frustrations in my "real"/forum life as well. It is very frustrating and sometimes intimidating to make your point against people you know are older than you and equally think that they are "right" and have no time for the enthusiasm of youth. Of course with age you get better at enunciating your views.

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Great stuff Brother John, I know you have more time than Jonathan or I do!
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Welcome to the zoo, Brother John
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ