Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexico 2012

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Anyone looking for a disgrace to the sport, why pick on drivers, when there are a small minority(I hope) of idiot spectators that you can spit on instead...
    those people are not a disgrace...they are criminals....if you are above 9 years of age, first you should not be up this late, and second you should distinguish between the two.

they should be in jail by society standards or with my standards them and their children shot on the spot.....

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    those people should be used for target practice by the police....

Are there any marshals on the stages ????
    I think it is hard for the marshals to control or even say anything to a large group of spectators, they are most probably drunk and messing with them it's not wisest move. Probably good if you want rocks on your face rather than in the road.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Your comment is contradictory. Yes, rallying is far more than winners & champions. That's it's appeal and why it needs to be accessible to anyone with the resources and inclination to front up.
    It's like a marathon. Pay the fee, comply with the rules and have a go. That's the name of the game. It's not the fault of averagely performing individual competitors that, due to the sport's dire state, they're thrown into the spot light.
    If you're not able to accept that I suggest you take your own advice ... change sport.
    It is not contradictory...but poorly phrased by myself...

I mean that when you allow the best to drive the best and the rest inferior stuff you achieve 2 things.....you are not allowing clowns to be in the spot light, and you enjoy the events in their true form.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    I think it is hard for the marshals to control or even say anything to a large group of spectators, they are most probably drunk and messing with them it's not wisest move. Probably good if you want rocks on your face rather than in the road.
    so if i come to your house drunk with my drunk friends and start throwing rocks at your windows you are not going to interfere because i might injure you ???

Hmmmmmm......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6789
    Ostberg saw people putting rocks on the road 1km before the finish
    It has been this problem every year at Mexico, sure this is not an exclusive to Mexico in the past, but every single year, ruining it for the fans, drivers, teams and sponsor. I think its time to retire Mexico from the calendar.

so if i come to your house drunk with my drunk friends and start throwing rocks at your windows you are not going to interfere because i might injure you ???

Hmmmmmm......
    Well if Im outnumbered what im Im supposed to do?! Probably better to call the Police and let them handle the problem. Of course if it's one to one I might just have a go at it , not drunk though cause that would make me look silly.

친애하는 지도자
    maybe userwave was right all along...

to have 1 person doing this is something you cannot control but when it becomes a trend then it is just unacceptable.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    Well if Im outnumbered what im Im supposed to do?! Probably better to call the Police and let them handle the problem. Of course if it's one to one I might just have a go at it , not drunk though cause that would make me look silly.
    exactly... the marshals should contact the police then....every stage must have a police force by the FIA safety rules i think.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    I mean that when you allow the best to drive the best and the rest inferior stuff you achieve 2 things.....you are not allowing clowns to be in the spot light, and you enjoy the events in their true form.
    You are suggesting that only "the best" drivers ought be permitted to drive the best machinery whilst everybody else should be limited to something lesser performing?
    This is certainly not the sport that I've supported for decades and I doubt there'd be many on here who would agree with you. In fact one of the most common beliefs as to why the WRC is in it's present parlous state is the very fact that allcomers cannot compete on a level playing field with the manufacturers 'A teams', thereby denying them the opportunity to shine.
    As I've said many times .... rallying's significant point of difference is that it is inclusive, not exclusive, and remember the cream will always rise to the top if you let it. Limiting accessibility is against every principle the sport is founded on.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

exactly... the marshals should contact the police then....every stage must have a police force by the FIA safety rules i think.
    Yes that's how it should be. Here in Portugal i've seen a few idiots get arrested because they did not obey the Police or simply because they were taking the piss at them, so they should do the same.