Page 12 of 118 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexico 2012

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis
    31 in total on a WRC event is p*ss poor. If the event was interesting this low figure might be acceptable, but it's not, it's boring and regularly have competitors had rocks hurled at their cars by retarded spectators.

In a world where Rally New Zealand is on 'roatation', and a great well supported event like Poland was only run once, and sh*te events like Mexico still run, the FIA need fireworks shuving up their ars*s.

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    31 in total on a WRC event is p*ss poor. If the event was interesting this low figure might be acceptable, but it's not, it's boring and regularly have competitors had rocks hurled at their cars by retarded spectators.

In a world where Rally New Zealand is on 'roatation', and a great well supported event like Poland was only run once, and sh*te events like Mexico still run, the FIA need fireworks shuving up their ars*s.
    I was lucky enough to visit Rally Mexico last year, and I have to disagree with you here.

It was one of the best events I've ever been to - not just rallies - events. The ceremonial start and street stage in Guanajuato, probably the best attended and run service parks, and a podium ceremony you wouldn't believe. This event represents exactly what the WRC needs more of to get wider appeal, rather than just cars bombing around in empty forests (Wales, Turkey, Cyprus, Sardinia,Japan etc etc). NZ may have great roads for the drivers, but as an event, it can sometimes leave a lot to be desired. I've been 4 or 5 times over the years.....

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    No Henning in Mexico???

Autosport
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon

You're absolutely correct Doon. And this is exactly the counter argument to those who think WRC should turn it's back on countries which support the sport, and follow the 'perception' of market size.

Quote Originally Posted by &quot
    NZ may have great roads for the drivers, but as an event, it can sometimes leave a lot to be desired.
    Not saying I disagree necessarily, but rather than fire bullets and then hide behind generalities, be specific.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    I was lucky enough to visit Rally Mexico last year, and I have to disagree with you here.

It was one of the best events I've ever been to - not just rallies - events. The ceremonial start and street stage in Guanajuato, probably the best attended and run service parks, and a podium ceremony you wouldn't believe. This event represents exactly what the WRC needs more of to get wider appeal, rather than just cars bombing around in empty forests (Wales, Turkey, Cyprus, Sardinia,Japan etc etc).
    But how could the WRC gain wider appeal from including events that are unable to attract entries of much more than 30 cars, as is the case in Mexico this year?

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    But how could the WRC gain wider appeal from including events that are unable to attract entries of much more than 30 cars, as is the case in Mexico this year?
    Does the casual fan care how many cars are in the event? Do they know that there's 100 cars in some events, and 30 in others?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend
    Does the casual fan care how many cars are in the event? Do they know that there's 100 cars in some events, and 30 in others?
    Why should anyone care about what the "casual fan" wants, they are just casual. Sport wise its a shame with only 30 cars on the line.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    I am okay with Mexico entry list. 16 WRC, 6 PWRC, 2 strong S2000 and 3 domestic N4 - I dont follow more than this in any other rally. Stages are excellent and this event truly deserves its place in the calendar.

Does anybody know what will be the intervaw between cars - 2 or 3 minutes? And how many tyres each crew have?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Why should anyone care about what the "casual fan" wants, they are just casual. Sport wise its a shame with only 30 cars on the line.
    Casual fans are still viewers, and casual fans can turn into hardcore fans. Viewing figures need to be up either way, and Mexico does have some good stages. But you are correct, 30 odd cars isn't enough, and by the time you add up retirements, maybe an R2 car will finish on the podium

I wonder how many casual fans follow F1, as opposed to hardcore fans, of which (for example) post on this forum? Its all exposure, and thats what we need at the minute
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Beautifully sums up why the WRC is failing! Well done.