Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    This being ITV, there is enough time between now and the start of the season for a Simon Cowell-run talent show to find the next commentator. So my money's on the 22-year-old shop assistant with the tragic back story.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    And with ten rounds to commentate on, they'd have a longer career than the standard X-factor winner!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope its not Phil Glew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamtax Motorsport
    I hope its not Phil Glew
    Or Lawrence Tomlinson, Kelvin Burt or most of the other drivers who have commentated (excluding Tim ofc)
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You've obviously been watching a different MotoGP championship to me, I don't think it's become dull. Perhaps because Rossi isn't winning everything some people think it's dull. With Ben Spies, Cal Crutchlow, Alvaro Bautista et al, coming through I think it can only improve. Charlie Cox is a brilliant motor sport commentator, some of his comments have me in tears of laughter, but I think that he should stay with Stavros in MotoGP.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What about Jeremy Clarkson-he knows nothing about nothing anyway. On a serious note, Steve Soper, John McCleland could do a good job, but I think the man for the job (if he would want it) is Patrick Watts

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by captain vxr
    i would absolutely love to have brian blessed as a commentator.
    i agree with your suggestion and have sent him a tweet
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain VXR
    I would absolutely love to have Brian Blessed as a commentator.

I love this idea - good one

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    You've obviously been watching a different MotoGP championship to me, I don't think it's become dull. Perhaps because Rossi isn't winning everything some people think it's dull. With Ben Spies, Cal Crutchlow, Alvaro Bautista et al, coming through I think it can only improve. Charlie Cox is a brilliant motor sport commentator, some of his comments have me in tears of laughter, but I think that he should stay with Stavros in MotoGP.
    Not wanting to derail the thread but the 800cc era of MotoGP has been shockingly bad compared to the old 990s. I remember a race at Brno when Capirossi won by 8 seconds (think it was 8), at that time it was unheard of for a race to be won by such a large margin. Now the races are all but over before halfway, the reason it can only improve is because it can't get much worse than it has been for the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Anyway, not sure on your suggestion of Patrick Watts, not sure how he'd fare as a commentator. I had the privilege of meeting him at a hillclimb last year and he spent all day happily chatting to people, and not just about himself, he spent a good 10 minutes asking me and my old man about how car and motorsport in general. Top bloke but not convinced he's the right commentator.

Getting Charlie Cox back is my favourite suggestion so far, I'm not usually keen on ex-drivers being commentators but Charlie was great when he did it last time round. As for BARRY NUTLEY, well his voice just does my head in
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Barry Nutley? Ah yes, the man who belched live on air during round 12 in '97.

....and I can't imagin John Cleland and Tim Harvey sharing a small commentary box together.

One vote for John Watson.
    My top 3 Sports personalitys..
    #1 Andy Priaulx. #2 Pippa Flanders. #3 Ronnie O'Sullivan. (ok maybe not Ronnie)