Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Getting Charlie Cox back is my favourite suggestion so far, I'm not usually keen on ex-drivers being commentators but Charlie was great when he did it last time round.
    I was watching some Australian super touring races on YouTube the other day and the commentator was a guy called Darrell Eastlake. And from what I heard, Charlie seems to have based his style on him.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    You lot still here?!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Today it was announced that Toby Moody of Eutrosport fame will be the new lead commentator for the BTCC

Toby Moody to commentate on BTCC for ITV - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Really happy with their choice as ive been a big fan of his commentary since ive been watching Moto Gp on Eurosport!

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Today it was announced that Toby Moody of Eutrosport fame will be the new lead commentator for the BTCC

Toby Moody to commentate on BTCC for ITV - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Really happy with their choice as ive been a big fan of his commentary since ive been watching Moto Gp on Eurosport!
    I find it a bit odd - a bit like Charlie Cox doing MotoGP.

No disrespect to Toby because he is a hell of a commentator and the commentary for Silverstone Classic is a testament to his enthusiasm for motorsport. But again no disrespect it feels a bit like a step down since BTCC gets flack for being Premier League Banger Racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not heard Toby before, but after having a listen on YouTube, I think this could be a good choice. He seems excitable and passionate, and that's all I really want from a commentator. I want them to put me in the moment, and understand the significance of every manoeuvre. Looking forward to seeing how he does.
    BTCCCrazy.co.uk

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Few races in and I have to say that I'd rather they'd bumped Simon Hill up to the space, Moody just gets so much wrong and watching the Porsches at Oulton today Hill is having to keep correcting something that Moody's saying. For example Glyn Geddy (or whatever he's called) being shown facing the wrong way and then a ProAm 2 driver being shown also off and Moody saying that they must have had contact, despite the fact that they were at opposite ends of the grid. Also a guy spinning at the chicane and Moody praising the camera man for not leaving his post when it was clearly a remote operated boom.

He's not awful and there are worse choices, I just think that Hill does a better job and is immersed in the TOCA package that means he has a better understanding of what's actually going on.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Few races in and I have to say that I'd rather they'd bumped Simon Hill up to the space, Moody just gets so much wrong and watching the Porsches at Oulton today Hill is having to keep correcting something that Moody's saying. For example Glyn Geddy (or whatever he's called) being shown facing the wrong way and then a ProAm 2 driver being shown also off and Moody saying that they must have had contact, despite the fact that they were at opposite ends of the grid. Also a guy spinning at the chicane and Moody praising the camera man for not leaving his post when it was clearly a remote operated boom.

He's not awful and there are worse choices, I just think that Hill does a better job and is immersed in the TOCA package that means he has a better understanding of what's actually going on.
    I agree with all of that. Simon Hill would be far better, and deserves the chance. He's doing an excellent job as co-commentator today.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Indeed. And he can string a coherent sentence together, unlike Harvey most of the time. A good co-commentator.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I personally would love to see Tim Harvey and Charlie Cox commentating. Charlie Cox was great to listen to back in the day, his commentary brought a funny side to it. I would prefer anyone over this Moody who really hasn't cut it so far, always calling cars by the wrong driver.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I'd like an option to have no commentator. I don't want to sound big-headed at all but most of the time I think I spot things before the commentators do.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    As a Moto GP commentator Toby moody is brilliant along side Julian Ryder and barely ever makes a mistake, but in the BTCC it has been totally different sadly. He seems to change his style for the BTCC and still makes a fair few basic errors that he should have gotten over by now!