Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How is this going to work sponsor-wise? Senna's sponsors include an oil company (OGX) and a telecom (Embratel) while Williams already has sponsors from those industries, PDVSA and AT&T.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    How is this going to work sponsor-wise? Senna's sponsors include an oil company (OGX) and a telecom (Embratel) while Williams already has sponsors from those industries, PDVSA and AT&T.
    Williams looking for new title sponsor after splitting with AT&T - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think they should get rid of Maldanaldo, he was rubbish last season, the only reason he gets the seat due to his sponsership, Senna and Alguersuari would be an exciting line up due to both had strong end to the season
    Jenson Button fan till i die
    He Who Dares Wins :)

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1kid1987
    I think they should get rid of Maldanaldo, he was rubbish last season, the only reason he gets the seat due to his sponsership, Senna and Alguersuari would be an exciting line up due to both had strong end to the season
    IMO Maldonado left a stronger impression than Senna last year. Pastor actually had some good races too, especially considering on the whole his car was inferior to Senna's. The one advantage though is that Maldonado got a full season to get to grips with F1, while Senna got only a partial season.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    The fact that Williams have not confirmed their drivers yet just shows to me that they are still a team in disarray. This is far too late to be deciding who your driver is going to be. Maldonado is only there because of sponsorship. He's a nothing driver in my opinion, and they can't decide who the other driver will be yet. The second driver will now have almost zero input into the new car. Another season at the back for Williams. Any team that takes this long to decide their driver line up deserves to be at the back.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    why rush, there are a handful of decent, if not world beating, drivers, with no seat for next year. Williams don't need to rush into a decision when they can have the pick of Barrichello, Sutil, Alguesari, Senna, Heidfield, Liuzzi, Bottas, D'Ambrosio. Once they have sorted the budget, new title sponsor (much more pressing IMO) then they can finalise the driver line up. Its not like they could be left with no choice as there is nowhere else for these guys to go. Clearly they need the money, but it looks to me they are trying to sort that part before picking a driver, rather than letting it dictate a driver. Anyhow, Rubens will have had a decent amount of input into the car already, there is precious little a driver could do between New Year and the first test on a car that should already be 95% complete
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    ^ what he said. There are a dozen or so drivers desperate to be on the grid so if Williams play this right they can virtually take their pick from quite a pool of talent. To rush into a couple of pay drivers now would be foolish in my humble.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Maldonado = Pedro Diniz

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    IMO Maldonado left a stronger impression than Senna last year. Pastor actually had some good races too, especially considering on the whole his car was inferior to Senna's. The one advantage though is that Maldonado got a full season to get to grips with F1, while Senna got only a partial season.
    Indeed. Also lets not forget that Maldonaldo was far more competitive relative to Rubens than his predecessor the WunderKind extraordinaire Hulkenberg, particularly in qualifying.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Its the least they could do for Bruno after giving Aryton a sh!t steering column
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"