Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Williams would be better without Paster,BUT without him where will the money to run the team come from?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Am I alone in being singularly unexcited by all the possible driver options at Williams' disposal? None will ever set the world alight.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I would be very happy to see qualified drivers instead.
    nice selective quoting there
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Am I alone in being singularly unexcited by all the possible driver options at Williams' disposal? None will ever set the world alight.
    This is what happens, when you are rapidly going towards the rear end of the grid. The only chance for Williams to stumble across a 'world star' is if they happen to hire a very promising rookie, like once Minardi hired Alonso and others. But even then it can be recalled that they let Hülkenberg, a star of the feeder series, go...

If you are expecting a future WDC at Williams, then you can be unexcited about the driver options of Williams. Otherwise it's not that bad as long as they don't resort to hiring drivers in the caliber of Fauzy, Chandhok or Yamamoto. In that car no-one would be able to score many points anyway. You can also claim that the line-ups of Marussia and HRT leave you unexcited, but it doesn't matter, since they are unable to achieve anything anyway.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    This is what happens, when you are rapidly going towards the rear end of the grid. The only chance for Williams to stumble across a 'world star' is if they happen to hire a very promising rookie, like once Minardi hired Alonso and others. But even then it can be recalled that they let Hülkenberg, a star of the feeder series, go...

If you are expecting a future WDC at Williams, then you can be unexcited about the driver options of Williams. Otherwise it's not that bad as long as they don't resort to hiring drivers in the caliber of Fauzy, Chandhok or Yamamoto. In that car no-one would be able to score many points anyway. You can also claim that the line-ups of Marussia and HRT leave you unexcited, but it doesn't matter, since they are unable to achieve anything anyway.
    I've always felt that the car was the most important drawcard at Williams, moreso than other teams. Traditionally there isn't a culture of nurturing the driver, which I think becomes more important if the car is sub-par.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think Senna will be a good choice as he did quite decently in Renault. Williams though have slowly faded and there doesnt seem to be any improvements ocming the way its going

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sdutt
    i think Senna will be a good choice as he did quite decently in Renault. Williams though have slowly faded and there doesnt seem to be any improvements ocming the way its going
    I'm not so sure about that. With Renault engines and a refreshed technical and aero dept i think we will see a mini revival of sorts. Certainly a much stronger season than last. I think this time next year we will be looking back on a strong year that improved towards seasons end and looking foward to 2013.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    I will be glad to see Bruno in Williams for 2012, although there are other drivers in dance for that seat.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I would like to see him paired with a veteran racer, but I'd like to see Bruno at Williams.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    It seems like a sign of desperation, rather like signing Coughlan. I think it says a lot that the only teams I can think of with a weaker lineup (assuming Senna is indeed signed) are HRT and STR with the latter shackled by Red Bull's bizarre driver decision. While I think Maldonaldo has spark both drivers are inexperienced and are unlikely to threaten the podium even in a competitive car. Poor choice.

Williams might rue not signing Rubens or Sutil if Lotus finally manage to break into a points scoring position which they might do with a new Renault powertrain and KERS. They may well lose more money through finishing another place or two down than they gain from sponsorship.