Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Senna to Williams in 2012?

Senna fecha com Williams para correr temporada de 2012, diz jornalista - Grande Prêmio / Fórmula 1 - IG

Apparently a done deal.

Which would be unfortunate as Alguersuari, Sutil and Barrichello look to be without drives for 2012, despite being better drivers... although presumably with less cash.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'm not sure it is a done deal as only Brazilian media has been reporting it so far, but rumours about Senna-Williams negotiations have certainly been gathering pace recently. Well, what can I say. I'd say driving-wise Sutil would be the better choice for Williams at the moment. But probably Senna has managed to find an irresistible amount of money, much more than Sutil (or Barrichello for that matter) have managed.

Line-up of Maldonado and Senna? Williams would have two drivers, who have had some impressive qualifying runs, but are yet to prove themselves in race trim.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    whilst I would be very happy to see Senna stay in F1, as I like him, I would rather see Sutil and Alguesari ahead of him in the queue
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Senna is ok, but Sutil must be on the grid next year, I mean he drove very well in the second half of the season and he even has sponsorship. If he doesn't get a drive, his manager should look hard in the mirror.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Senna is ok, but Sutil must be on the grid next year, I mean he drove very well in the second half of the season and he even has sponsorship. If he doesn't get a drive, his manager should look hard in the mirror.
    He will have a drive. Most likely Jarno's seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    I would be very happy to see Senna stay in F1
    I would be very happy to see qualified drivers instead.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Williams, to me, is a bit like Ridley Scott.

Scott's first films, most notable ALIEN and BLADE RUNNER, were his best. He made some good ones following that, like THELMA & LOUISE and GI JANE, but he never quite achived the same heights. Then, some time around 2001, and lost it. GLADIATOR was the last good film he made. Everything since has slowly spiralled down, until 2010's soulless and joyless ROBIN HOOD. Fortuantely, the trailer for PROMETHEUS went up yesterday, and it was the first time I had been genuinely excited for a Ridley Scott film in years.

Williams is much the same. 1992-93 was probably about the last time they were truly exciting, and Jacques Villeneuve was their GLADIATOR. Then, around 2001, they started to go downhill (though I will always have a soft spot for Juan Pablo Montoya, simply because he was one of the few drivers that ever seemed to have anything interesting to say). This came to a head in 2011, their worst season since their inception. 2011 was Williams' ROBIN HOOD. There was no longer any joy in watching them race.

What Williams need for 2012 is a PROMETHEUS - someone who can re-ignite the spark of excitement within. They had their chance with Kimi Raikkonen (though personally, I am not a fan), and lost it. And I don't think Bruno Senna or Adrian Sutil would replace that, either. The other popular rumour at the moment is that Ferrari are pushing hard to get Jules Bianchi into a seat for 2012, and that they are leaning on Sauber to buy Kamui Kobayashi out of his contract. Kobayashi, it is believed, would wind up at Williams. Althought the FW33 was a shopping trolley cleverly disguised as a racing car, Kobayashi has what Williams needs: the spark. He is their PROMETHEUS, the person who can make Williams exciting again.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I would be very happy to see qualified drivers instead.
    I don't know. Senna qualified very well on many occasions and had some good and some bad races. He is certainly a qualified driver based also on his performances in GP2. The problem for him is there are quite a few qualified drivers looking for one or two seats.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    I agree, Senna's ok and it would be a shame to see him disappear, but much less so than Sutil. I can't believe after the best season that a Force India driver has ever had he's still looking doubtful for a seat.

Also, a Senna/Maldonado lineup seems a little weak to me.

I wouldn't say it's a done deal that Trulli will be dropped either; that certainly seemed to be the mood a couple of months ago, but that's all gone quiet recently. And if he is dropped I bet it'll be for Petrov.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good choice. Senna will prove a valuable signing for Willaims if it happens