Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got Milka?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Brian Barnhart: "By the time she enters her first race event and races, she'll have thousands of miles under her belt. It's not like she announced today that she'll be racing next week in St. Pete. I think they have five scheduled test sessions. We'll do plenty of testing on track with her including start and restart practice and pit stop practice. We'll even consider putting other cars out there with her to replicate traffic and give her an opportunity to get accustomed to running in dirty air. By the time she enters her first event, she'll have plenty of experience in terms of testing experience under the belt."

Looks like special treatment to me. But also maybe all this tesing will allay you guys' fears.

Personally, I don't think she'll be out there making constant dumb mistakes. She'll just run her pace, and we'll see where that is. She has plent of experience being passed by the faster P1 cars in ALMS.

Joke of the day: TG is apparently allying the IRL with Citgo because he is tired of his series being labeled as bush league. Hugo Chavez has assured him they will now be anti-Bush league...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZzZzZz
    Joke of the day: TG is apparently allying the IRL with Citgo because he is tired of his series being labeled as bush league. Hugo Chavez has assured him they will now be anti-Bush league...
    This need's to be in RaceFanStan's "groaner" joke thread in Chit Chat! :
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddock
    I don't know much about Roth, but what I do know is that she is considerably less competent a race driver than Paul Dana was....and I still wonder whether he should really have been allowed to race.

Don't wanna cook it up, but a IPS championship runner-up is definitely ready to run the ICS. Only one year ago he must've had a blackout or something, and it wasn't forgiven.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice full page ad in the USA Today. Sponsored by CITGO of course. Hugo is going after the testosterone of the nation.

CITGO is one IndyCar sponsor I will NEVER patronize. I try very hard to do my business and send business to all the IndyCar sponsors, but CITGO, you are S.O.L. for this IndyCar fan. I'm glad 7-11 is in the process of ejecting the CITGO brand from their gas stations.

Will she get Rookie of the Year by default ???
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doug

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    " Hopefully, Dunno will scare herself so badly in her first test at Texas that she'll come to her senses, realize she's out of her depth and give the car to Carpentier." Robin Miller

I love Robin Miller !!! That's the only good thing I can see coming out of this is that Patrick Carpentier gets back in the league.

Otherwise Milka should be in IPS. But as this weekend's past accidents demonstrate, IPS is no walk in the park either. Please don't kill anyone Milka. I wish you well. But please don't.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really like the fact that she put education before racing, and the fact that she is racing at mid-life age - but I don't think she should be racing an IRL car on high speed ovals simply for the exposure she can bring. I think she should have done IPS first, gained experience and seat time and by same cut the level of risk presented to herself and to others.
    She could have brought that same exposure more safely in IPS.
    This is a real turn off to me for the series letting inexperience race close in those cars at those speeds.
    We\'ve got loud guitars and big suspicions, great big guns and small ambitions, and we still argue over who is God. Hey there miscreation, bring a flower time is wasting. It\'s hard to make a stand. /Sheryl Crow

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Could be some real negative press coming the IRL's way if this ends up badly. Milka is not qualified to be racing in the IRL.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC
    Has she stolen the helmet in that picture from Mika Häkkinen and added and L into the name?

Compare to this http://www.f1tip.ch/f1/grafik/mika9.jpg