Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Sebastien Buemi confirmed as Red Bull Racing's reserve and test driver - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

So the complaints have not been correct that STR drivers have been treated unfairly and without any notice thrown out of Red Bull programme altogether. The same Buemi, who was allegedly on Red Bull's simulator, when STR's new line-up was announced, has been confirmed as reserve driver for RBR. So he has been part of the team all the time.

So now I wonder, what will happen to Alguersuari, especially as some have pointed out that Tost allegedly told him there were some "plans" for him.
    Fair enough but Buemi as RBR reserve driver????

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    agreed and the true loser was the car at STR not the drivers
    Marko is a clown anyway.
    The Eurosport article pretty much says the same thing and it is amusing to me.
    If either one of those drivers were in an RBR, they probably would have won a race already
    what a nutjob
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    So now I wonder, what will happen to Alguersuari, especially as some have pointed out that Tost allegedly told him there were some "plans" for him.
    jens, what do you make of Marko's comments that Alguersuari is not intelligent enough to make a topline F1 driver?

Alguersuari and Buemi

Do you think making the results of internal Red Bull aptitude testing to the public is appropriate in this instance? I for one don't.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    jens, what do you make of Marko's comments that Alguersuari is not intelligent enough to make a topline F1 driver?

Alguersuari and Buemi

Do you think making the results of internal Red Bull aptitude testing to the public is appropriate in this instance? I for one don't.
    That aside, one wonders whether Marko's expectations are unrealistic, given the extent to which Red Bull has (in the best sense) been spoiled by Vettel's brilliance. There is no doubt that, in both Vettel and Webber, the current RBR line-up is amongst the most intelligent in the paddock.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec

Alguersuari and Buemi

Hmm, I think after a lot of protest by F1 fans Marko & Co felt the need to explain the reasons of sacking in a more detailed manner. And detailed background information is always interesting for the public. But this would be nice to get done in a gentle matter.

I guess they do not need to tell the exact results, but they can always tell that besides racing on track they have these and those ways of analysing the drivers and data further.

Years ago I remember Allen writing an article about a computer program, where the intelligence of drivers was tested. And where it was said that this would show whether you have the talent to become a top driver. : About the results it was only said that Kubica had got the best score.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    F1 is a ruthless sport/business but Marko is really taking the urine. Just what is the RB driver program really for?
    Helmut Marko is urine.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Agreed.
    If I was a young driver, I would stay away from the red bull "turnstile" program

As for Buemi and JA, I expect both to be back in F1 in the near future, possibly one at ferrari (Buemi)
    and JA would do well to apply for a 3rd driver seat at Mclaren ( as I rate it 50/50 that Hamilton goes to Red Bull if RBR has another dominant season) or another team with aging drivers.
    What the heck are you on about. Both those two losers were given more than enough chances, but they showed NOTHING. STR would have simply wasted their time with those two.
    Buemi at Ferrari? LOL. As a what? A cleaner? A 56th reserve driver?
    Neither those two were a race winner (potential I mean). Let's see if the new guys are better. I am sure they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    I can't see anything wrong with STR replacing their drivers. It seems harsh, but how many drivers would give their eye teeth for an F1 drive, let alone with the sister team of the reigning champions? Toro Rosso makes no secret of its role as a team for developing young talent - Jamie and Sebastian have had plenty of opportunity to find other seats and have benefitted massively from their time with the squad.
    Wow, you actually make sense at times.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    That aside, one wonders whether Marko's expectations are unrealistic, given the extent to which Red Bull has (in the best sense) been spoiled by Vettel's brilliance. There is no doubt that, in both Vettel and Webber, the current RBR line-up is amongst the most intelligent in the paddock.
    Vettel intelligent? Based on what? He seems quite stupid and unable to do anything without his fanboy Helmut Marko.

Years ago I remember Allen writing an article about a computer program, where the intelligence of drivers was tested. And where it was said that this would show whether you have the talent to become a top driver. : About the results it was only said that Kubica had got the best score.
    Would you have a link for that?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Would you have a link for that?
    Did some search and in this video there is a bit of what I had in mind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOPqy...layer_embedded

Oh, and found another one as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtPOc...eature=related