Page 73 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Printsport is building DS 3 R5 and they have Fiesta R5 for rent (+ 2 Fiesta S2000)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    PSR DS3 R5 is for Jussi Vainionpää, just announced. It will be ready for the summer season. PSR will also build another one for Kruuda.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    The DS which they build now is for Kruuda, ready in begin of january.
    Second DS is for Vainionpää.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    208 T16 R5 comfirmed for Salo.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    The Finnish Rally Championship will be televised next year on YLE channels. The 30-minute broadcasts and some extra content will also be shown in YLE Areena internet service, but no idea if those will be visible outside of Finland. In any case, this is a very good move, since previously the championship was shown on a pay-channel MTV Max.

6. Likes: tolis (16th December 2014)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Hej guys, any of you guys know any F-cup boys using BMW E36 car? Locally because of the great videos of Grupp F action, sevaral guys have built some E36 and now we have some failures I want to ask some of your guys if they have same kind of fauilure and what they are doing to fix it...

Any suggestions how to get in touch... English or Swedish is fine, (yeah year I know but what can I say? except viiiituuun!)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Hej guys, any of you guys know any F-cup boys using BMW E36 car? Locally because of the great videos of Grupp F action, sevaral guys have built some E36 and now we have some failures I want to ask some of your guys if they have same kind of fauilure and what they are doing to fix it...

Any suggestions how to get in touch... English or Swedish is fine, (yeah year I know but what can I say? except viiiituuun!)
    Basically everyone knows someone driving an E36. It's so common nowadays. You can post your questions of the failures here. I'm pretty sure someone can help. For example my brother is building his third E36 at the moment and I'll be co-driving the Arctic rally in an E36 before the driver finishes building an E82 for group F.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susiraja View Post
    Basically everyone knows someone driving an E36. It's so common nowadays. You can post your questions of the failures here. I'm pretty sure someone can help. For example my brother is building his third E36 at the moment and I'll be co-driving the Arctic rally in an E36 before the driver finishes building an E82 for group F.

Thanks..
    OK with the E35 with what they call their fancy "multi-link" the lower shock mount has done this a couple of times:

As you see that is cast iron---gjut järn kielellä Ruotsi or valurauta I think for you..
    Naturally this is annoying and make SS times suffer..
    Thing is we know very well what F-cup is like and we know you guys all are mental cases and maybe rally is cheaper than locking you guys in a rubber room, but the fact is you guys drive not just faster but much harder than we do here....

So if guys are breaking the mount and the boys with BMW like to spend money so they have Proflex or similar very expensive suspension we are wondering what all the guys there are doing when they are trying --in vain---to beat that guy in the good car...what's his name--what is that car? Oh yeah this guy

Now personally I think the solution is clear...Get a nice car like Jaska has, no more cast iron mounts to break...
    But these guys are stubborn so we need to find a solution other than buying a nice car...

Do you know if guys are constantly breaking that damn mount, or do they use a "upp-svetsade' (sorry only speak one of your country's official languages, the easy one) or fabricated arm?

I would really appreciate some brilliant insight..
    Actually any insight would be good.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    So if guys are breaking the mount and the boys with BMW like to spend money so they have Proflex or similar very expensive suspension we are wondering what all the guys there are doing when they are trying
    I'm not sure if this is a very common problem here in Finland. If I'm not mistaking the mount breaks because the suspension is bottoming out. The easiest solution is buying a proper suspension. Also helps with the stage times since it's the most important part of the car to really work. A cheaper option would be trying to strengthen the mount by welding it, but I'm not sure how much that would help.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    JV, there are a few guys here in NZ who weld up custom parts.
    http://racefab.co.nz/ These guys have welded a few parts for Paddon, Mason etc. The BMWs are used in Targa, Circuit Racing here so there should be cars to measure.

The other solution might be this guy to design a new BMW part https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kayne...81083371919997

and this guy 10 miles down the road to weld it http://www.racecarfab.com/
    Last edited by Zeakiwi; 23rd December 2014 at 12:26.