Page 104 of 132 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1311
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Pietarinen did a good work, being first time in R5 car. No doubt he could be a BIG future star. But can´t understand the big differences. Was it tactics from the others thinking of points and championship?
    Also a question if he was local hero, living in the neighbourhood of the rally?
    No offence, just wondering.
    Well Juha Salo needed a win so no reason for him to do any tactics. Asunmaa probably played it safe.

Pietarinen is from Southern Finland, not from the Tampere area.

It would have been interesting to have Rovanperä on the event for comparison, he wasn't this dominant on the two Finnish rallies he did this year.

2. Likes: Rallyper (2nd October 2017)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Well Juha Salo needed a win so no reason for him to do any tactics. Asunmaa probably played it safe.

Pietarinen is from Southern Finland, not from the Tampere area.

It would have been interesting to have Rovanperä on the event for comparison, he wasn't this dominant on the two Finnish rallies he did this year.
    While this is true Pietarinen also had a starting position advantage which Rovanpera did not have in his 2 starts in Finland this year.
    Also I watched most of the live stages and everyone else seemed super careful except Pietarinen, it almost looked like they weren't even trying which I don't understand. I understand that Asunmaa had no reason to risk but why Mänty, Turunen and Salo were so much slower I have no idea.
    But still I have to give credit to Eerik he was super impressive with almost no experience with R5 and I hope that he is able to drive R5 car next year atleast on FRC and maybe even on some international races.
    Maybe Neste Ralli is going to be the event when we will see those two fighting against each other? and we can't count Juuso Nordgren out either.
    Plus Huttunen driving Hyundai next year. All these Finnish rallying prospects are going to make 2018 exciting for sure!

I think we're going to need couple more "finnish" teams to WRC to fit all these guys on top cars

4. Likes: AnttiL (4th October 2017),electroliquid (2nd October 2017),pantealex (2nd October 2017),Rallyper (2nd October 2017)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Make Finland great again!!!

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Also I watched most of the live stages and everyone else seemed super careful except Pietarinen, it almost looked like they weren't even trying which I don't understand.
    I was not spectating the event live, but when someone is close to 1s/km faster than everyone else, everyone else looks as if they weren't even trying. This was just one event, but it's hard to downtalk Pietarinen's achievement. He was simply super fast.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

7. Likes: Rallyper (2nd October 2017)
    Liked 126 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    While this is true Pietarinen also had a starting position advantage which Rovanpera did not have in his 2 starts in Finland this year.
    Also I watched most of the live stages and everyone else seemed super careful except Pietarinen, it almost looked like they weren't even trying which I don't understand. I understand that Asunmaa had no reason to risk but why Mänty, Turunen and Salo were so much slower I have no idea.
    But still I have to give credit to Eerik he was super impressive with almost no experience with R5 and I hope that he is able to drive R5 car next year atleast on FRC and maybe even on some international races.
    Maybe Neste Ralli is going to be the event when we will see those two fighting against each other? and we can't count Juuso Nordgren out either.
    Plus Huttunen driving Hyundai next year. All these Finnish rallying prospects are going to make 2018 exciting for sure!

I think we're going to need couple more "finnish" teams to WRC to fit all these guys on top cars
    All drivers driving michelin tyres had big issues in Tampere (mänty, salo, nikara, asunmaa). For some reason tire temperature was super low even after long stage. Almost twice lower than Pirellis. Overall they strugled with the grip and pirelli drivers liked the grip.

But still Pietarinen did super job! Hopefully he can have good package next year!

9. Likes: AnttiL (4th October 2017),Fly (3rd October 2017),Hartusvuori (3rd October 2017),Mirek (3rd October 2017),pantealex (3rd October 2017),Rallyper (3rd October 2017),sindroms (3rd October 2017)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Take a look at Jacob Jansson/Stefan Gustafsson, Mitsu Evo X on SS4 in SM-Ralli Tampere. Stunning drive!

Now - did he run on Pirellis as well, or on Michelins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZncUoq9utsk
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

11. Likes: dimviii (3rd October 2017),pantealex (4th October 2017)
    Liked 126 Times in 38 Posts
    Pirellis, but he was still super quick also. Though he's running position was 27 or something so hard to compare.
    Last edited by Co-FIN; 3rd October 2017 at 20:14.

13. Likes: Rallyper (3rd October 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    I was not spectating the event live, but when someone is close to 1s/km faster than everyone else, everyone else looks as if they weren't even trying. This was just one event, but it's hard to downtalk Pietarinen's achievement. He was simply super fast.
    To me it looked like proper rally driving all the time, and there were offs for some of the top drivers, meaning that they sure were trying. Pietarinen didn't even look that spectacular, but maybe that's why he's so fast.

In the best possible scenario for 2018 we could have Latvala, Lappi, Hänninen and Suninen in WRC class, with Huttunen, Rovanperä and Nordgren in WRC2. Hopefully Pietarinen joins that group soon.

15. Likes: Rallyper (4th October 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    No, I meant LIVE as LIVE, you know outside. I almost never watch rally from "TV"
    I just wanted to add this, it may be just lost in translation, but to me spectating a rally on the stage is more than just "watching". When you open your laptop and press play on a stream, that's just "watching".

17. Likes: nafpaktos (4th October 2017),pantealex (4th October 2017)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-FIN View Post
    Pirellis, but he was still super quick also. Though he's running position was 27 or something so hard to compare.
    Number 27 but was seeded to start after number 16

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

19. Likes: pantealex (13th December 2017)