Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

out with Cosworth in with Renault (Cosworth 1 Renault5 ?)

F1: Cosworth Down To One Engine Customer ??? :: PaddockTalk :: F1, Formula 1, NASCAR, IndyCar, MotoGP, ALMS, And More!
    Cosworth could be left with just a single formula one customer next year, if the latest rumblings from the rumour mill turn out to be true.
    It was reported at the end of last month that HRT, the struggling Spanish team, is set to begin working with a Cologne company co-owned by Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne.

Fernandes and Gascoyne, best known for heading the Team Lotus/Caterham team, reportedly now also own "the design office of the former Toyota team", according to the BBC in November.
    Then, on the provisional 2012 entry list published recently by the FIA, HRT's engine supplier was listed as 'TBA' (to be announced).
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    I bet Dave Richards is kicking himself for not accepting the Cosworth engine for a year or two and then dumping it as soon as possible.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    With no title sponsor, I can see Cosworth exiting F1 business after 2013.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    That is a shame as I like the company. If the Renault can be competitive even if it is called the second fastest engine I think Cosworth can be competitive too, in the right car.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    With no title sponsor, I can see Cosworth exiting F1 business after 2013.
    Cosworth don't have the money to develop a brand new engine so they will not be around after the V8s go out. Thats why every team that runs with Cosworth is trying to get rid of them sooner rather than later, along with the fact that their engine is the least competitive on the grid.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Hmm... it seems that Kevin "The Penguin" Kalkhoven has struck again.

If someone gave him the Hope diamond, I bet it would lose half its value within six months. The Penguin is JUST that good!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith