Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannex
    There has been both good news and bad news for British efforts to free the hostages. First, the bad news. President Bush has confirmed what Eki predicted as long ago as post 32: no way will America release the five Iranians they're holding in exchange for the Britons. Imagine that! Eki right about something!!!
    Whatever people say about me, I know Bush. He's a taker not a giver. He won't help unless there's something there for him, not even when he's probably the root cause of the incident:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263480,00.html

Report: Iran Grabbed British Troops in Retaliation for Botched U.S. Raid in Iraq

Monday, April 02, 2007

A botched attempt by the U.S. to abduct two senior Iranian officials on a visit to Iraq 10 weeks ago was the flashpoint for the current crisis in which detained 15 British troops in the Persian Gulf, the Independent reported.

The U.S. move happened on the morning of Jan. 11, when forces carried out a surprise raid on an established Iranian liaison's office in northern Iraq, the newspaper claimed.

While the forces nabbed five junior Iranian officials, whom the U.S. still holds on accusations of being intelligence agents, the paper said the objective of the mission was to seize two men at the "very heart of the Iranian security establishment."
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If the Iranians want to play then lets play. We're already in combat with these guys anyway.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...605487,00.html
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pvtjoker
    If the Iranians want to play then lets play. We're already in combat with these guys anyway.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...605487,00.html
    you might want to ship your backside out there then.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SOD
    you might want to ship your backside out there then.
    LOL. Just say when.

I've there (Iraq) twice and scheduled for another deployment in '08. We're already fighting them now, might as well make it official and be done with them.
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    LOL. Just say when.

I've there (Iraq) twice and scheduled for another deployment in '08. We're already fighting them now, might as well make it official and be done with them.
    Wouldn't it be better first to be done with Iraq? Remember what happened to Hitler when he bit off more he could chew (invaded the Soviet Union before he was done with the Western Europe)?
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL. Just say when.

you're still not done with the Iraqis.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    bigger bombs less people I would say will do the trick
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    But then they weren't exactly finished with Afganistan before they started doing the whole shock'n'awe thing...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    True, but another point is we're not just fighting Iraqis in Iraq -- never have been! Western Iraq is a hot bed for Sunni Muslim terrorists/insurgents (take you pick), while Eastern Iraq and Baghdad is crawling with Iranians and Hezbos.
    "Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing."

Robin Miller

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fousto
    bigger bombs less people I would say will do the trick

Which is probably what we'd do if the US does strike inside Iran. However, Iranian forces are already in Iraq.
    "Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing."

Robin Miller