Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Even if the UK TV audience drops by 20% it would still be a miniscule part of what is the Whole TV package world-wide.

Consider that F1 is a sponsor driven sport and most of that sponsorship is attracted to the sport through TV exposure. Most of the complaints I have seen here and in other places have been the added cost of Sky and that they can't afford it.

So would a sponsor or manufacturer of say, Ferrari or Mercedes really be upset in the loss of that demographic viewership? Most F1 sponsors are going after the Male, 15-35, upwardly mobile consumer who revels in owning every electronic gadget, newest fashion or hippest trend.

My apologies if I upset anyone's sensibilities here but unless you have some discretionary income most F1 sponsors aren't interested in you.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Sad but very true. Bernie has done some great things to get the sport to the level it is today, but it appears its got to the stage where greed has taken over. He'll eventually die and his replacement will either carry on the trend or they'll be approaching all the countries and fans who were pushed away, and they'll expect everyone to suddenly get interested again.
    And the IRL are proving just how difficult it is to revitalise interest in a fan base that has become disillusioned with the sport.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Sad but very true. Bernie has done some great things to get the sport to the level it is today, but it appears its got to the stage where greed has taken over.
    F1 was created by Greed. F1 has grown to be one of the Planet's premier sports because of Greed. Sponsor's Greed is what fuels the teams and drivers. F1 Wouldn't exist without Greed. This very forum was created and maintained because of greed.

So what is so bad about Greed?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I won't be going to Sky and no doubt I will watch the highlights and avoid hearing the results. Will it be the same, NO!! I used to watch CART on Eurosport for years and then when the races went to sky, I didn't bother. Its not that I hate sky I just can't justifying watching and paying for a channel that is mostly sport I'm not interested in. I think F1 will suffer in the UK, and i cn't imagine everyone tuning in to SKY.

As for being a far weather fan, well that is the market Bernie needs to be concerend about. Those casual viewers you want to make regular viewers. You won't get casual viewers on SKy.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    F1 was created by Greed. F1 has grown to be one of the Planet's premier sports because of Greed. Sponsor's Greed is what fuels the teams and drivers. F1 Wouldn't exist without Greed. This very forum was created and maintained because of greed.

So what is so bad about Greed?
    Nothing implicitly but like any other commodity on a supply and demand basis, if you alienate your old customer base, don't be surprised if they don't buy the product anymore. Surely you as a consumer who keeps on rabbiting on about freedom of choice would realise that the ex-customers have the free will to tell the people they used to buy from to go do business elsewhere.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Nothing implicitly but like any other commodity on a supply and demand basis, if you alienate your old customer base, don't be surprised if they don't buy the product anymore. Surely you as a consumer who keeps on rabbiting on about freedom of choice would realise that the ex-customers have the free will to tell the people they used to buy from to go do business elsewhere.
    Of course.

But as a believer of Freedom of Choice I also realize that nobody else has a right to demand a private entity to do what YOU want.

Personally I believe that the Sky deal will be a big win for F1 financially.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    I was about to say something similar but you've said it better than I ever could.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Turning it on its head a little.

Will the casual fan really care if they are watching a live broadcast or a delayed highlights programme? If the Beeb F1 shows are all going out at peak times, wont the casual viewer potentially have more exposure to the sport?

As an example, I don't watch live football as generally it's not my cup of tea, but when Grandstand used to be on, I was quite happy to watch football focus, as it showed just all the good bits (the goals, not all the spitting, swearing and fouling).....

Will I lose interest in F1? That is a question I await to find the answer to with bated breath.........
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    This very forum was created and maintained because of greed.
    Was it? Ok then.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Was it? Ok then.
    We all know you're a secret billionaire off the back of this Mark...don't try to deny it!