Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BTCC out on blu-ray?

Got my BTCC 2011 DVD this morning and was wondering. Do ITV broadcast the BTCC in HD?

If not i would like to see them move to HD and then hopefully duke will release the seasons on blu-ray. I am not mega fussy either way as i'm happy with buying the dvd's but i think it's time we changed. I have all the vhs videos pre 2000, dvd's 2001-2011 so maybe it's time to move to new technology. Besides the 2011 review is what between £15-20 which is the price of a blu-ray anyway. They could also probably stick it all on 1 disc as well.

Lets hear your thoughts. Should it be left on dvd or switch to blu-ray or even released on both?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Is it filmed in HD in the first place? tbh you're very lucky to have coverage on a FTA channel at all without asking for HD too.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is what i was asking. I don't have the HD channels so i don't know if they have ITV4 HD but if they do they must broadcast btcc on there in HD. All i'm saying is i think they should given f1 etc all being shown in HD.

Admin
    Well the BTCC is available in HD on ITV4 HD, so it's not unreasonable to expect a Blu-Ray too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Well the BTCC is available in HD on ITV4 HD, so it's not unreasonable to expect a Blu-Ray too.
    Not at all!

Really annoying. You can watch it in HD on ITV4 but they don't do the review on Blu-ray???

You have been able get Superbikes on Blu-ray for the past two years... But not the BTCC???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Might have to think about getting Sky+ HD, might be worth it considering they will be showing some of the races in F1 next year. I wonder if there's a way to connect your sky box harddrive up to your pc, that way you could copy it on to blu-ray yourself.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonPotato
    think about getting Sky+ HD, might be worth it considering they will be showing some of the races in F1 next year
    All of the F1 races!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They might be showing all the races but i would rather watch the majority that'll be shown on BBC still.

"The BBC will be providing live coverage of 10 races in the 2012 Formula 1 season across all its platforms and extended highlights of the remainder."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonPotato
    They might be showing all the races but i would rather watch the majority that'll be shown on BBC still.

"The BBC will be providing live coverage of 10 races in the 2012 Formula 1 season across all its platforms and extended highlights of the remainder."
    According to the BBC at the end of the last GP. They will be showing 10 races live, the others will not be shown live but will be shown 'IN FULL' when transmitted!

Admin
    Btw there is a full discussion of this in the F1 forum. Let's keep this topic for BTCC - yes I know I was the one taking it off topic