Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts

Kimi! Yeah (Raikkonen confirmed at Renault)

Kimi is back!!!

I don´t know what to type, so happy.

Kimi Räikkönen back in F1 with LRGP in 2012

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Good.

Now hopefully Grosjean gets a chance in the second seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Iceman is back, this is great news although he is not going to be fighting for podiums with that car.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Great news. I hope Whatevertheyarecallednowadays Renault team can produce a car good enough to keep him interested.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Holy crap! This came out of nowhere. All that talk with Williams, and now he's with Renault?!? So, 6 World Champions on the grid for next year now! Fingers crossed that Renault can make a competitive car next year. From what I read, he seems to be interested in F1 again:

Kimi Räikkönen: “I’m delighted to be coming back to Formula 1 after a two-year break, and I’m grateful to Lotus Renault GP for offering me this opportunity. My time in the World Rally Championship has been a useful stage in my career as a driver, but I can’t deny the fact that my hunger for F1 has recently become overwhelming. It was an easy choice to return with Lotus Renault GP as I have been impressed by the scope of the team’s ambition. Now I’m looking forward to playing an important role in pushing the team to the very front of the grid.”
    If that is true, then that's a good thing. The publicity shots in Lotus Renault gear look quite cheesy though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    New wardrobe...still looks like a doos!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Ah crap! I was hoping to never see his dopey face on the grid again. F1 was far better off without him. Guess we can't be too surprised with Kubica having recently announcing he won't be ready and the knowledge that his talks with Williams fell through. Hopefully they will get rid of Petrov and give the second seat to Senna. I don't really see the big deal about Grosjean. I think that Senna, despite being donkey of the race in Brazil, has done enough to earn his place in the cockpit of the teams second car.

Oh well, hopefully he will regain that shine he lost when he went to Ferrari. If so it will be a pleasure to watch him drive in F1 again. Welcome back Kimi!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Ah crap! I was hoping to never see his dopey face on the grid again. F1 was far better off without him
    I'm interested in this too. Name one bad thing Kimi has said about his fellow drivers or even Ferrari after they backstabbed him? You don't want an honest man who just wants to drive to be on the grid? How strange. You may think he is boring but if you dislike a guy like that then there is something wrong with you.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    In what way?
    In the way that there was a good seat being taken by an unenthusiastic driver. And that I was happy to not have to hear his dull voice at press conferences. I used to be a huge Kimi fan but his attitude the last season in F1 disgusted me and Massa beating him just says it all. That should have never happened to a guy with Kimi talent. I've heard all the conspiracy theories and excuses for him. I don't buy them. He was just lazy but he seemed to regain some of his old form in the last part of 2009. I hope he will return as the Kimi I loved at McLaren.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    New wardrobe...still looks like a doos!
    Oh come on now, not as bad or a bigger doos than this guy!