Page 10 of 114 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very good, really appreciate the information. I was kind of finding the same thing as I looked at the maps, take our time leaving Helsinki to get to SS1 south of Lahti. Is it possible to watch SS1 and get to SSS2 (Super special?) in order to see first car? Then we could carry on to possibly it's looking like Keuruu would be our best stay so we can catch SS4 and maybe SS6 before heading back to Helsinki later in the day.

Jyvaskyla is pretty much booked solid by all the teams, media etc from what I found out so i'll check in the surrounding towns that you mentioned.

As far as what time to arrive at the spectator area to see the first car due, should I account for a long amount of time to park, walk, etc? Is every stage viewable for spectating in some capacity?

Thanks again

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor
    Very good, really appreciate the information. I was kind of finding the same thing as I looked at the maps, take our time leaving Helsinki to get to SS1 south of Lahti. Is it possible to watch SS1 and get to SSS2 (Super special?) in order to see first car?
    Possible, maybe, but I wouldn't bother. There's a mere 1,5 hours between first cars and considering the reversed starting order, not good. Traffic conditions could mean that you end up with nothing special, especially considering that SSS Jokimaa is not anything worth hurrying into. I'd say find a relaxed spot on SS1 and stay there as long as you like.

Jyvaskyla is pretty much booked solid by all the teams, media etc from what I found out so i'll check in the surrounding towns that you mentioned.
    Add Korpilahti, Muurame and Koskenpää to your check list. Those and the ones I mentioned before are small or smaller towns, accomdation is mostly cabins, cottages, etc. Perhaps some hotel or b&b vacancy in Jämsä or Mänttä, I would guess.

As far as what time to arrive at the spectator area to see the first car due, should I account for a long amount of time to park, walk, etc? Is every stage viewable for spectating in some capacity?
    This depends on many things. If it's a roadside park and you arrive late-ish, it could mean a walk of few kms. If it's field parking, then less. But everything is possible. For the 1st stage of the day I'd count at least one hour from parking the car to walk to the stage, just in case. There are a lot of people moving around during the rally, so traffic jams etc. will be there but past few years it hasn't been anything too chaotic. This year for Saturday's Ouninpohja it could be another thing...

Every stage is viewable of course. Hardly any no access areas. Some restrictions occur, of course, and organizers likes to keep people in pointed areas, but you can walk freely if it's well before 1st car, you're in the woods and not damaging anyone's property/harvest. When you arrive in Helsinki, get the spectator's guide for information.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Jyväskylä Booking From there you can book a room from Majoituspalvelut which I have used past seven years. The location is perfect and the price is reasonable. Breakfast is included. There still might be vacancy.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks all - when I contacted Jyvaskyla Booking they only had two options, Hotel Hivri and another hostel type place (Christian something...) so looks like stuff is getting book.

I was able to reserve a room just north of Jyvaskyla though yesterday close Laukaa (25KM) so not too bad, and they will do a late check in Thursday if we decide to check out SS3.

Will they have lights on by SS3? Will it be dark enough yet at that time of year?

Will they have lights on by SS3? Will it be dark enough yet at that time of year?
    It should get dark for bigger numbers, but definitely not for top cars. From summer solstice to NORF is about the same as to summer solstice from now, and now it gets dark around 22:30.

Historic-ralliautot esittäytyvät Neste Oil Rallissa

Some historic rally cars will be presented in Rally Finland's showcase area in Lahti harbour on Thursday. Historic cars will also run through SSS2 Jokimaa. 40 cars max. It's all for promoting the historic ERC event in Lahti the weekend after Rally Finland.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is Ouhninpohja back?
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Yes, as PS on Sunday!
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Quote Originally Posted by tfp
    Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is Ouhninpohja back?
    From some of us it never left...

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Saturday*
    SS17 15.37 Ouninpohja 1
    SS18 18.00 Ouninpohja 2 (Power Stage)
    both 33,01km
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"