Page 9 of 114 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kielder
    FIA has warned organizers of the rally that they have to place artificial chicanes at various points along the Ouninpohja stage, especially in the long straight of its middle part.
    That´s why because other than FINNS + (P.Solberg) can´t drive full flat out. Others are slow scary chicken ladyboys in real rally FINLAND.
    "Onko vielä pitkä matka jonnekkin?"

Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts

rumours

say that there will be no rallyradio by YLE.
    Olympic games take all the resurses ....
    "San Romolo opettaa"

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jiipee64
    I don´t believe in that rumour. In my world Finns can´t be more interested in olympic games than gravel F1.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Maanteiden kuningas
    That´s why because other than FINNS + (P.Solberg) can´t drive full flat out. Others are slow scary chicken ladyboys in real rally FINLAND.
    Hopefully JML will not crash into said chicanes...

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Fu-

Hope that's not true. That would be the first time in like, what, how many years?
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 60 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    Fu-

Hope that's not true. That would be the first time in like, what, how many years?
    Wasn´t there a couple of years in the mid-90s when only the local commercial radio did the rally radio coverage instead of YLE?

Anyways I´d still prefer to have a proper rally radio on the actual radio, not just some vague stream in the intertubes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats bad news if true.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    YLE rallyradio producer shoots down that rumour on rallyradio's Facebook page. Olympic games will be aired nationwide on a different frequency compared to rally radio's local Mhz's.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi all - Since all you guys seem local I figured you are the best to ask (i'm not getting anywhere on other forums or by contacting others).

We are going to be traveling from the US to Scandinivia for 2 weeks this summer. I booked the trip during the Finland Rally with hopes we could catch at least a day of action. Our itinerary right now has us taking the Ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki and arriving in Helsinki around 10:00 Thursday morning. We plan to leave from Helsinki and drive to Jyvaskyla area right away, I have tried to look at the rally stage map and coordinate stage start times with where we need to be to catch the most stages. Are there stages happening in the south on the way from Helsinki to Jyvaskyla that we could attend?

We plan on staying somewhere in the area Thursday night (although I have not found accommodations yet) and catching action Friday before heading back to Helsinki Friday afternoon.

This is my first WRC rally and I am only used to American rallies which can sometimes be chaotic getting to spectator areas but nowhere near the level of an event like this. Just looking for any pointers so I can catch a few good locations either day. Is Laukaa a very far drive from any stage action or Jyvaskyla proper (looking at a hotel there)?

Thanks all

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor
    Hi all - Since all you guys seem local I figured you are the best to ask (i'm not getting anywhere on other forums or by contacting others).

We are going to be traveling from the US to Scandinivia for 2 weeks this summer. I booked the trip during the Finland Rally with hopes we could catch at least a day of action. Our itinerary right now has us taking the Ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki and arriving in Helsinki around 10:00 Thursday morning. We plan to leave from Helsinki and drive to Jyvaskyla area right away, I have tried to look at the rally stage map and coordinate stage start times with where we need to be to catch the most stages. Are there stages happening in the south on the way from Helsinki to Jyvaskyla that we could attend?

We plan on staying somewhere in the area Thursday night (although I have not found accommodations yet) and catching action Friday before heading back to Helsinki Friday afternoon.

This is my first WRC rally and I am only used to American rallies which can sometimes be chaotic getting to spectator areas but nowhere near the level of an event like this. Just looking for any pointers so I can catch a few good locations either day. Is Laukaa a very far drive from any stage action or Jyvaskyla proper (looking at a hotel there)?

Thanks all
    As you arrive Thursday morning to Helsinki, don't hurry up north. The rally begins in Thursday afternoon with the southern stages, ceremonial start in Lahti harbour at 16.00 and SS1 Koukunmaa (first car 17.23), being roughly 1 hour 15 minute drive from Helsinki harbour. If you continue to SS3 Mynnilä, you go north and most propably towards the accommondation you will reserve. Friday stages are all within touching distance from Jyväskylä (around 30-60 minute drive). Laukaa is not far either, SS8/11 Lankamaa 1&2 is ran in Laukaa. But if you are going to leave the rally already on Friday afternoon, for accomdation Keuruu, Petäjävesi or even Jämsä or Mänttä might be better because the morning stages are on that direction. If you go to SS3 Mynnilä, it's at least 1h30min drive to location of Friday morning stages. Please note that it'll be late when you arrive from the southern stages and the Friday stages start early, so for one night perhaps the most expensive option for accomdation is not the most recommendable. Feel free to ask more, there are a lot of help around in this forum.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC