Page 1 of 114 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Arrow WRC-Neste Oil Rally Finland 2012

The format is most likely going to be the same because Sundays never brought any revenue for the organizers. AFAIK the 2012 route will be published in the end of February.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Organisers haven't put out any official word, but I guess the basic information will be published in December, at least in past few years they've done so by putting out a newsletter. And by basic information I mean only format of the rally: the day it begins and the day it ends and perhaps if the route will take any particular direction. But like Juha mentioned, for Rally Guide 1 with route info we must way until late February (last Thursday as it have been) or perhaps early March as the rally is ran one week later than previous few years.

This year, like we all know, the rally route took a turn to Southern Finland and even if organisers have officially said it was success financially, I read between the lines that the experiment won't be repeated. This is pure guessing, and I think there might be forum members that already know better. For example Lahti Historic ERC Rally is ran week after Rally Finland and that quite clearly indicates that WRC won't take a turn to Lahti region. If they won't to broaden their route, I think Tampere region would be likely welcomed by fans. Then again, if SS Leustu, SS Surkee, SS Urria or SS Jukojärvi won't run again, hell has frozen over. We'll see.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Organisers haven't put out any official word, but I guess the basic information will be published in December, at least in past few years they've done so by putting out a newsletter. And by basic information I mean only format of the rally: the day it begins and the day it ends and perhaps if the route will take any particular direction. But like Juha mentioned, for Rally Guide 1 with route info we must way until late February (last Thursday as it have been) or perhaps early March as the rally is ran one week later than previous few years.

This year, like we all know, the rally route took a turn to Southern Finland and even if organisers have officially said it was success financially, I read between the lines that the experiment won't be repeated. This is pure guessing, and I think there might be forum members that already know better. For example Lahti Historic ERC Rally is ran week after Rally Finland and that quite clearly indicates that WRC won't take a turn to Lahti region. If they won't to broaden their route, I think Tampere region would be likely welcomed by fans. Then again, if SS Leustu, SS Surkee, SS Urria or SS Jukojärvi won't run again, hell has frozen over. We'll see.
    I hope you´re right about everything you write. I think LAhti this year meant too much driving for spectators (or maybe that´s what they wanted) and it was shown on some of the stages on friday which didnt have so many spectators as was expected.

I welcome Tampere as well but have never been on stages west of Orivesi.

Remeber also that they have sacked Ouninpohja more or less since a couple of years so anything could happen? I hope Kai T have something exciting in mind...!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Remeber also that they have sacked Ouninpohja more or less since a couple of years so anything could happen?

Is nothing sacred???
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Ouninpohja road (or atleast the beginning of it) has received pretty major overhaul over this period of not being used. Rumours telling that it has gotten slower, old lines which have straightened out because of years of cutting have been restored, etc. So, maybe we'll see Ouninpohja back in 2012... I remember Kai Tarkiainen talking about it before this year's rally in a mysterious way. Then on the other hand, Hassi (parts of Ouninpohja reversed) was a real success this year (althought there were some "issues" too) so it's going to be interesting to see what will happen.

I would love to see stages around Tampere/Pirkanmaa region, lot's of legendary stuff. For example Juupajoki has not been used in a while, one of my favourite Finnish stages. If they really skip Lahti region (which I believe they'll do) it leaves a complete day to be re-planned. As long as they don't get too cautious, I'm totally up for it. Talviainen, Päijälä, Västilä, Parkkola, mmmmm...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Not so much about the route next year yet because even the organiser doesn’t know what the route will be.

News from the clerk of the course

Something from last summer.

“Results of the visitor inquiry provided interesting information for the organisers”

In Lahti 30% of the spectators where first-timers vs. 13,5% in Jyväskylä.

In Lahti 23,4% of the spectators where more experienced (more than 4-5 as a spectator) vs. for Jyväskylä 45,9%.

The results of the visitor inquiry
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

^ I'd love to see the whole inquiry, not just the bits organizers chosen to put out. Those numbers OldF quoted support the on site observations I made.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Yes, it would be nice. If I remember correctly there was also on NORF’s web page an inquiry, a link to AKK’s web page. At least I haven’t seen any results from that inquiry but I don’t visit AKK’s web page so often.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Anyone who already knows how the format will be? On which days will the rally be held?
    Nothing on the format yet. We'll have to wait...

Rumours circulating that Ouninpohja would be back for 2012... Well, it's only about two months till the route is published, then we'll know.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks