Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Vettel compares himself to Senna

Sebastian Vettel compares his Brazilian GP to Ayrton Senna's 1991 race - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

"It was getting? worse, so I was using higher gears everywhere and that is where the comparison [with Senna] came into my head."
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    The cynical part of me wonders if Vettel and Christian Horner had worked out some ploy whereby they could deliberately run the car slightly slower to give Webber the last win of the season because that was the nice thing to do.

I would have thought that we would have seen on-screen graphics so that we could get a look at what Vettel was doing with the gearbox, but instead we got diddly-squat.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Well, with all due respect, Vettel was simply referring to the famous race that Senna had at the same track, with the same type of problems.

I would say, that is an excellent comparison unless I was being my usual assh***, and add "except that Senna won that race", but I will not, because that would not be nice.

I would compare Vettel to being more like Jimmy Clark for a number of reasons. Clark could do that first lap and seperate the gap from all the rest..excellent car control that produces very fast laps without making it look as though he was trying very hard.........and Clark was gentle on the equipment as Vettel seems to be. The difference is that Clark drove a Lotus, a bathtub full of gas with unimportant parts that constantly broke in the middle of corners, parts such as steering rods, wishbones......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    "It was getting worse [the season], so I was having some nice power naps every other weekend so and that is where the comparison [with MS and Ferrari] came into my head."