Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    I am slightly more tempted now, as I had been considering upgrading to Sky+HD anyway.

However I have a nagging suspicion that F1 is just a loss-leader to push HD uptake, and after a year or two the packages will get "re-organised" so F1 ends up in the full-price Sky Sports package.
    Quite possibly but you only have to take HD for 12 months after which you can cancel so you can reassess if the situation changes
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Still not impressed, no matter how Sky/F1 dress it up, it's still £30+ per month (£360 per year) more than it should be to follow F1. So no thanks, might catch the highlights next year but I've really gone off the sport since this was announced.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    If I want to watch ONLY SKY F1, I'd still need to pay the licence fee and then Sky's fees, and on the basis that the BBC had an exclusive contract ya da ya da etc..........

I have to pay the licence fee to watch the drivel on commercial tv too BTW.
    I didn't know, I thought the licence fee was only for the BBC.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I upgraded to HD with a deal to get a Sky+ box which has now expired, I was considering what to do but seeing as I can get F1 without any MORE money to Sky I think I'm pretty happy with the status quo.

What they did not put in that annoucement is that they are going to show all, or at least most of the support races from the Grand Prix weekend which will be good too.

And if they do have David Croft and Martin Brundle as their commentary team that is obviously a very strong line up.
    Real Race Cars Dont Have Doors....

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Australian GP SKY
    Malaysian GP SKY
    Chinese GP SKY & BBC
    Bahrain GP SKY
    Spanish GP SKY & BBC
    Monaco GP SKY & BBC
    Canadian GP SKY
    European GP SKY & BBC
    British GP SKY & BBC
    German GP SKY
    Hungarian GP SKY
    Belgian GP SKY & BBC
    Italian GP SKY
    Singapore GP SKY & BBC
    Japanese GP SKY
    Korea GP SKY & BBC
    Indian GP SKY
    Abu Dhabi GP SKY & BBC
    US GP SKY (if it happens)
    Brazilian GP SKY & BBC
    There is no point in BBC showing the early morning races like Australia, Malaysia and Japan.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    I'm more interested with 'Sky Go' as my brother and my sister both subscribe to Sky Sports.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i wont be paying sky to watch it, ill stick with BBC live and highlights.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Quite possibly but you only have to take HD for 12 months after which you can cancel so you can reassess if the situation changes
    Yes true, but I think they'll be counting on most people not doing that. The marketing department know it's much harder to give up a luxury you've become accustomed to, than to forgo the same luxury when you've never had it.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    It's a bit misleadingly named. It's really a television tax, that's then to fund public service broadcasting.

Looking it up on Wikipedia, I was surprised to find that actually most countries in Europe have a TV licence. Your own country is in the minority in not having one. I don't know why I'd always had the impression it was unique to the UK, maybe we just complain about it more Ours isn't even the most expensive: Germany, Switzerland, Austria and all the Nordic countries all pay more.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Yes it is, but stupidly, even if you never watch BBC, you still legally have to have a licence if you want to watch the telly. Welcome to Grand Britagne (nil points!).
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.