Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Didn't i read than HRT has some sort of technical partnership with McLaren, or are using their KERS next year? Iirc, that would all make sense, then.
    PDR at HRT is the perfect marriage coming from Macca. It can only help them. Go HRT.
    BTW, thought i read they already wanna attack Marussia at Brazil for the finale....
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally I would've kept Liuzzi over de la Rosa, but really I would've hung around and signed Sutil in a couple of months. Would also have picked up Barrichello before de la Rosa.
    Also, a two year contract? He'll be 42 by the end of 2013...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    Didn't i read than HRT has some sort of technical partnership with McLaren, or are using their KERS next year?
    I think they've linked up with Williams actually?

Anyway, of all the people who could've joined HRT, I didn't expect De La Rosa. Especially on a two year deal! He must have stumped up some serious cash to guarantee a seat, or be happy to risk the musical chairs that always seems to happen at HRT.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Pedro de la Rosa will return to Formula 1 racing with HRT next season after signing a two-year deal with the squad, making his competitive comeback after his latest McLaren testing stint

Pedro de la Rosa signs for HRT from 2012 - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
    All I can say is: Eish!?
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Good luck for Pedro! Maybe not the best driver, but he has spirit and experience!
    agreed
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quite weird to see a team such as HRT announcing a driver so early. I can only presume that the new owners are putting some serious money in themselves and wanted a Spanish driver or that Pedro is bringing a sponsor.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    How about this for a theory, HRT (Williams rear end/gearbox) take Rubens as their 2nd driver, maybe part paid by Williams, to allow for either Kimi or Sutil (or both if they don't want the Venezualan money) - following the trend of Lotus (to be Caterham) of taking 2 experienced drivers and the back end of a better car.

please resurrect if this happens, or please ignore when it actually turns out to be rubbish
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I'm not a PDlR fan but I actually think this is, ultimately, a smart move for HRT. They need someone to guide their car development if they are seriousd about being an F1 fixture even in the medium-term and trying to move up the grid. There are very few decent drivers capable of that but Pedro is one of them.

As a race driver he's not that brilliant, he's always been steady, but his knowledge of testing and development during his time at McLaren will be invaluable to HRT. Sure, you could put a rookie with potential in the seat but they're unlikely to offer much by way of guidance on why a car is behaving in a certain way. Just look at Daniel, a guy touted as the next 'big thing' who has been pretty poor.

I don't think this is a waste of seat at all, certainly no more so than Maldonado, Petrov or Buemi who have seats a bigger teams with better resources but have shown little to no improvement.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Just look at Daniel, a guy touted as the next 'big thing' who has been pretty poor.
    Cannot agree. He has beaten Liuzzi and also d'Ambrosio on occasion. It's the best that can be done with that car.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Wow he's beaten a rubbish rookie and a never-been.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout: