Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Muller 2011 World Champion

Congratulations for Yvan Muller! He won the 2011 FIA World Touring Cars Championship with 2nd and 3rd in Macau. His chief rival Robert Huff won both races, but in the end lost the championship with 3 pts. It was an ultra close season between those two and I think that even with one dominant team, if the drivers are evenly matched, a championship fight can be thrilling.
    Formula 1

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I thought at one stage the Safety Car driver was going to win!

Rob Huff was awesome, he literally couldn't have done any better by winning both races - his time will definately come. Muller is something else, he's been like a machine this year and was never going to give up. He could have stayed in P4 and won on countback but that's just not his style.

I was rooting for Huffy but must doff my metaphorical cap to Yvan for a superb championship.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It was very exciting, despite the safety cars. Pity that there aren't many fans in the forum...
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was a difficult race to follow, but I must admit that I was pretty tense in the final race!

Yvan Muller is an extremely deserving three-time champion and a very nice guy. The only way the championship could have been made better is if Alain Menu had been involved and had less bad luck - I'm sure he'll come back on form in 2012.

A good showing once again by Tom Coronel, and special mention must go to Mehdi Bennani for two good races, despite Darryl O'Young driving into him in the fist one.

It's a shame that so many drivers missed race two, but then again it is Macau...

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Great for Muller! He's a big loss to the BTCC
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Congratulations to Yvan!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Talking

Congratulations to Yvan and well done to Huffy too

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Whats left to say Muller is an amazing, class act and for Huff to push him so close also shows what a top driver he is now too!

People slag off the WTCC (Sometimes rightly) but ive really enjoyed it this year with some mega close racing between the top guys!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I am still watching the WTCC. Here in USA, the Speed channel airs WTCC, BTCC, and DTM only once the F1 and IndyCar season is over, and then we only get a one hour summary for each racing event, aired once a week.. Last week was the Hungarian race was on TV. Very cool stuff indeed.