Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
No they do not, you are in La La land if you think rally crews get enough sponsorship to cover the event, even a Nat B forest event will cost over 1k to do. AFAIK most VK hats are given free to marshals, but you'd not know that because your're too bone idle.

So basically lazy then? But you're quite happy for others to marshal bends so you can watch?

Speccies = freeloaders who bring nothing but hassle, they should pay for the privilege or naff off.
Speccies do pay for the privelege, just not Ł20 a stage. At the lower levels of course sponsors don't offer much, most people just use the car to advertise their own business. But at the higher levels there is cash going in, and without that the sport at the highest level will cease to exist. When that happens people become less interested in the lower levels, therefore less people spectate, less people get into the sport and choose to marshall, less people get into the sport and choose to drive etc. etc.

Not quite sure how not being able to afford time/petrol/hotels equates to laziness though, you'll have to explain that one to me step by step.

Incidentally next time you're out marshalling try asking your fellow marshalls whether they spectated before they got into marshalling.

Edit: Oh and please quote me where I said that sponsors 'cover' the costs of an event. It may be through garage space, advice, parts, discounts etc. but every little helps, doesn't it.