Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    The team principal is responsible for team directive and employment of the technical team, so he is responsible to a large amount.

Sacking Nick Heidfeld for the reason of the team 'needing a change' is not an example of good leadership.

Nonetheless, we will see how they go next year.
    Renault have traditionally in the past few seasons seem had the knack of improving their car. Last year they brought a new front wing for nearly all the races but it seems this year they've been stubborn with their exhaust system.

S**t happens. It's been said that F1 has technically become homogenised but this year was anything but.

Wait till what the future brings before heads start rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    Add to that the ultimatums for Kubica...
    If EB isn't exactly convinced of RK's fitness then should you be?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Renault have traditionally in the past few seasons seem had the knack of improving their car. Last year they brought a new front wing for nearly all the races but it seems this year they've been stubborn with their exhaust system.

S**t happens. It's been said that F1 has technically become homogenised but this year was anything but.

Wait till what the future brings before heads start rolling.

If EB isn't exactly convinced of RK's fitness then should you be?
    What I'm saying is that the guy should not discuss those things in public. Why give public deadlines to Kubica if you value him as a driver? Or does Bouillier have other motives? A good example of how things should be done is Ron Dennis who never ever gave public statements about Häkkinen's condition and when he would have to be ready to drive or lose his drive (after his accident in 1995.)
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DexDexter
    What I'm saying is that the guy should not discuss those things in public. Why give public deadlines to Kubica if you value him as a driver? Or does Bouillier have other motives? A good example of how things should be done is Ron Dennis who never ever gave public statements about Häkkinen's condition and when he would have to be ready to drive or lose his drive (after his accident in 1995.)
    A big difference between Mika and Kubica's case is that McLaren knew exactly what was happening with Mika's recovery. Ron and Mika had a very close relationship that developed exactly during this time with Ron often being at Mika's bedside.

Boullier (at least until a few days ago) didn't know what Kubica's status was and made it clear that he wasn't getting any information at all from his camp.

You can't have a private relationship aware from the public gaze if there is no communication from the other party.

I think Boullier has mishandled a few things in his time but with Kubica I don't fault him at all, Kubica's manager is the guilty party here.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Kubica's manager is the guilty party here.
    Agreed. I'm all for privacy but it's been too quiet for updates on Kubica's recovery and more importantly his fitness levels appears at this moment in time is rather distressing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    A big difference between Mika and Kubica's case is that McLaren knew exactly what was happening with Mika's recovery. Ron and Mika had a very close relationship that developed exactly during this time with Ron often being at Mika's bedside.

Boullier (at least until a few days ago) didn't know what Kubica's status was and made it clear that he wasn't getting any information at all from his camp.

You can't have a private relationship aware from the public gaze if there is no communication from the other party.

I think Boullier has mishandled a few things in his time but with Kubica I don't fault him at all, Kubica's manager is the guilty party here.
    Ok, I understand that but what I don't get it is that Renault liked Kubica and wanted him to drive their car, so why hide things from them if that indeed is the case? They should work together to get the man behind the wheel.
    “Leave me alone!”

Contractual dispute?

RK was originally contracted to Renault but it is now Genii in the helm.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Funny how Petrov was faster than Senna in the FPs then he is slower in the Qualy. Maybe Boullier did not really get over Petrov's comments?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    or maybe Senna had massive problems with KERS in FP and set his best time in practice with no KERS, only to have the problem fixed and do a decent job in qually
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    or maybe Senna had massive problems with KERS in FP and set his best time in practice with no KERS, only to have the problem fixed and do a decent job in qually

Both in FP2 and FP3? Hard to believe.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    The KERS system is probably alot more complex than you think. With only a couple of hours between the 2 sessions, its not out of the realms of possibility that a technical problem may have needed longer to sort out. In 2009 Ferrari had many KERS problems and often ran practices without, most notably when Kimi's caught fire.
    Keep up the funny posts mate, you're brightening my days!

maybe, probably, 2009... try harder.

And BTW we are end of 2011 now.