Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

CONFIRMED: Mikko moves to Citroën for 2012

World Rally Championship - News - Hirvonen replaces Ogier at Citroen

Too bad he's leaving the blue oval Now he's only gonna play support and not be allowed to win a single rally unless Sèb retires. Can't wait to see Latvala next year, we's gonna be quite a competitor for the drivers championship

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was shocked at the news and about Ogier going to another team as well. Its going to be very interesting for fans, now we have more than 2 contenders for the championship, Loeb, Latvala, Ogier, maybe Mikko, the Min guys.

Always liked Mikko ever since people criticized him during hist first half season at Ford, but disappointed that he would play second fiddle to Sebastian. As I said in another thread, he lost his last chance of becoming world champion when retiring Wales, and this move sealed that.

It could be the case with Button going to McLaren and beat Hamilton with the same machinery. But then Button was already world champion and had a good contract, I'm doubting Mikko will get the same support as Loeb. Still, I WANT TO SEE MIKKO SKILLS IN THE CITROEN VS LOEB.

It seem plans for Mikko has been laid out:
    “Everybody knows he can play the perfect supporting role, which is what he did fantastic for us in 2006 and 2007. It’s very clear what the strategy is [at Citroen] and who is their number one." Malcolm
    "Mikko is a talented driver and his consistency will be a big help in our fight to retain the manufacturers’ title." Quesnel

Hopes he prove me wrong.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Go Loeb.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I thought I was being trolled before I read the link. Would not have guessed this one.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Knew this was in the pipelines. Interesting move, although I don't think Quesnel will allow them to go head to head. I hope this doesn't turn into another Sordo scenario for Mikko. Having a Citroen C4 is good but only if he is allowed to drive it at full speed...
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Knew this was in the pipelines. Interesting move, although I don't think Quesnel will allow them to go head to head. I hope this doesn't turn into another Sordo scenario for Mikko. Having a Citroen C4 is good but only if he is allowed to drive it at full speed...
    surely you mean a DS-3?
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope he will continue with Citroen after Loeb leaves. This will be his best chance. I was initially skeptical about this deal myself but i can see that Mikko could not keep driving semi-perfect cars. On a positive note, he has come along way since 2004 with Subaru.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I think Citroen will leave together with Loeb....

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    ...and will be replaced by Peugeot

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    sounds good.