Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Not a very impressive Sweden 2012 I think, despite winning the Hagfors Sprint twice. The speed was usually unspectacular, way below Östberg, Novikov, sometimes even Prokop.. Never mind putting it in the ditch twice.

Here's hoping for a better Mexico!

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    I think after his mistake there was not much to fight for. I still have big hopes for him and I think in gravel he might surprise.

Perhaps starting a bit slower and progress through the rally and not start at 100%, that usually doesnt go well.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Perhaps not surprisingly, Estonian yellow media is speculating about some possible discord between Tänak and his co-driver Kuldar Sikk. There's a video of Tänak's first off in Sweden that ends with the words, "F*** it, you're late!" and the speculation is that perhaps the trust between the two men is not exactly high at the moment.

It could all be a lot of nonsense of course. Then again, maybe not.

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    ^ Off topic, but in a way it's positive that they write about rallying. In the end, that's what keeps this business going.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    Perhaps not surprisingly, Estonian yellow media is speculating about some possible discord between Tänak and his co-driver Kuldar Sikk. There's a video of Tänak's first off in Sweden that ends with the words, "F*** it, you're late!" and the speculation is that perhaps the trust between the two men is not exactly high at the moment.

Kuldar seems a really nice guy and must have cojones the size of basketballs to continue getting into the right hand seat alongside Ott. All drivers give the Co-driver hell from time to time (Ogier, Duval etc) but perhaps Ott has seen what Giraudet has done for Novikov and would like some of that sort of help.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts

In estonian rallying scene there's been lot of discussion about Sikk, his bad karma with Aava and now with Tänak. Mistakes started to come in their first outings in PSD campaign few years back. Kuldar was late and they crashed in their first race in Turkey having comfortable lead in PWRC class. Even then, when they have had very successful period, people have much doubted in Kuldar's ability.

I have no personal experience with Kuldar, so I don't have any point of view on this matter myself.

Saddest part is that in Estonia there's really no-one else to take. Kristo Kraag could be the man for the job, but he's handling MMMotorsport activities at the moment and reportedly not interested in co-driving anymore.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Which one said that comment, Tänak?

Doesn't have to mean anything, just an instant reaction of disappointment.
    Another Flying Finn

Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Which one said that comment, Tänak?

Doesn't have to mean anything, just an instant reaction of disappointment.
    Tänak it was and for me it sounded too as an instant reaction. C'mon, you finns should be able to understand our language

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    In estonian rallying scene there's been lot of discussion about Sikk, his bad karma with Aava and now with Tänak. Mistakes started to come in their first outings in PSD campaign few years back. Kuldar was late and they crashed in their first race in Turkey having comfortable lead in PWRC class. Even then, when they have had very successful period, people have much doubted in Kuldar's ability.

I have no personal experience with Kuldar, so I don't have any point of view on this matter myself.

Saddest part is that in Estonia there's really no-one else to take. Kristo Kraag could be the man for the job, but he's handling MMMotorsport activities at the moment and reportedly not interested in co-driving anymore.
    If thats the case (the codriver isnt the right one for Tanak), then why not get another codriver from elsewhere in the world? Does he have to be Estonian?
    Petter obviously prefers his notes in English rather than Norwegian (he chose Patterson to replace Mills) and other drivers are the same. How good is Tanak's English? or other languages?
    Perhaps someone like a Kai Linstrom would be good selection instead?

From what ive seen of Tanak, Im not disappointed or impressed. He obviously has talent, but maybe its not showing fully atm due to other factors? codriver, media exposure, personal life, etc.

PS. What ever happened to Aava?

Quote Originally Posted by grugsticles
    If thats the case (the codriver isnt the right one for Tanak), then why not get another codriver from elsewhere in the world? Does he have to be Estonian?
    Petter obviously prefers his notes in English rather than Norwegian (he chose Patterson to replace Mills) and other drivers are the same. How good is Tanak's English? or other languages?
    Perhaps someone like a Kai Linstrom would be good selection instead?

From what ive seen of Tanak, Im not disappointed or impressed. He obviously has talent, but maybe its not showing fully atm due to other factors? codriver, media exposure, personal life, etc.

PS. What ever happened to Aava?
    No, it's not obligatory to have estonian co-driver (Märtin had Park), but I guess Ott is used to have notes in estonian.
    Tänak has not impressed so far, but I think it's a part of a learning curve and estonian press has put quite a bit pressure on him. So I think your comment is spot on.

Aava had no money when his main sponsor had financial difficulties (Karl Kruuda's father) and had to stop. He is now running a small business in Estonia and is the main man behind Rally Estonia project.